Re: [wpmac] Samsung ML-2510 won't print more than one copy

  • Gregory Sigman
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2 8:34 AM
      >I just purchased the Samsung ML-2510 laser printer and I am using Tiger
      >and all software is up to date. When I get a print screen I have the option
      >of selecting "corel wordperfect", where there is no option for setting the
      >number of copies, nor options for much of anything for that matter, just:
      >
      >Every Other Page
      >Print Backwards
      >Print Overlay Layer
      >(PrintSelection is on the screen but faded out-not used)

      These would be the options specific to WordPerfect; you wouldn't
      expect to see 'number of copies' here.

      >If I using an option called "general" and set my number of copies it gets
      >ignored and prints one copy.

      That's the correct place to indicate number of copies. Make sure you
      change any other options you need to change first, then set your
      number of copies here just before you hit print.

      >I did not have this problem before, I don't think, when I used my old
      >Epson. However, since I got the Samsung for large volume printing
      >and I never asked for double digit quantities before--the comparison
      >may not apply.

      Was your Epson a laser or an inkjet? A vanilla inkjet printer speaks
      a vastly different language than a laser printer (particularly a
      postscript laser printer, do you know if yours speaks postscript?)
      and thus wouldn't necessarily display the same issues as a laser,
      even when used on the same system for the same purpose.

      >I tried to search the forum but did not see any discussion that would
      >help. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate any help.

      This is almost certainly nothing to do with WordPerfect, but is more
      likely a printer driver issue. Try the following:

      1. Print multiple copies of something from an app other than
      WordPerfect. Try both a classic and an OS X native app. Do either of
      those work?
      2. Check Samsung's web site for an updated driver (I know you said
      "all software is up-to-date"; maybe you didn't think to check this,
      but maybe you did already). Did that help?

      Greg Sigman
    • Randy B. Singer
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2 11:35 AM
        On May 2, 2007, at 7:09 AM, chumknee wrote:

        > I just purchased the Samsung ML-2510 laser printer and I am using
        > Tiger

        Which printer driver are you using?
        One that came with your Samsung? (If so, what is it called and what
        version number? Did it come on a CD-ROM or did you download it from
        Samsung's web site?)
        One that was built-in to OS X?
        Or a Gimp-Print driver?
        Randy B. Singer

        Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
        http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2 7:30 PM
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Randy B. Singer" <randy@...> wrote:

          > On May 2, 2007, at 7:09 AM, chumknee wrote:
          >
          > > I just purchased the Samsung ML-2510 laser printer and I am using
          > > Tiger
          >
          > Which printer driver are you using?
          > One that came with your Samsung? (If so, what is it called and what
          > version number? Did it come on a CD-ROM or did you download it from
          > Samsung's web site?)
          > One that was built-in to OS X?
          > Or a Gimp-Print driver?

          Or the LaserWriter 8 driver (which Apple recommends for Classic
          printing in Tiger)?

          John R.
        • Jenny Alexander
          Message 4 of 7 , May 11 2:23 PM
            I am REALLY sorry for the delay--got caught up in a
            sudden work deadline.

            When I go up toFileand click on Page Setup, it says
            LaserWriter 8 Page setup-8.7.3. I am using Tiger OS.

            IHooked up another printer-a new Canon IP6700D, it is
            doing the same thing.

            This is an area I don't know much about, so I do not
            know if I should look for something else-or where that
            "something" is located.

            Thanks so much for your patience.

            Jenny
            Message 5 of 7 , May 11 10:42 PM
              Jenny

              How are you connecting to the printer - ethernet or USB. I have the
              same problem with a network printer when using LaserWriter 8. If I
              want multiple copies of a WP file via the network printer rather than
              my USB one, I print to pdf first and then print that via Preview from
              OSX or some similar combination of OSX appas.

              Geoff

              >I am REALLY sorry for the delay--got caught up in a
              >sudden work deadline.
              >
              >When I go up toFileand click on Page Setup, it says
              >LaserWriter 8 Page setup-8.7.3. I am using Tiger OS.
              >
              >IHooked up another printer-a new Canon IP6700D, it is
              >doing the same thing.
              >
              >This is an area I don't know much about, so I do not
              >know if I should look for something else-or where that
              >"something" is located.
              >
              >Thanks so much for your patience.
              >
              >Jenny
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Jenny Alexander
              Message 6 of 7 , May 14 6:33 PM
                Geoff,

                I am connected through USB. I am basically using the
                same trick you are--clicking on Print and then using
                Preview to set the number of copies and print. It
                works fine, but doesn't make sense that I can't print
                directly from WP.

                Thanks for answering.