Introducing QuickHelp

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2007
      WP 3.5e shipped with a Help module, containing several
      files (general, macro, grammar) that are all accessed from
      the Help menu. The general file can also be accessed with
      the Help command on the [Classic] Apple menu. This is in
      addition to balloon help and the wonderfully interactive
      WordPerfect Guide, using the Macintosh Guide engine, both
      also available from the Help menu.

      There's yet _another_ WP Help module, which has sat unused
      in my Help folder and probably many others. This is
      QuickHelp, which I think was going to be part of WP Help in
      the OpenDoc environment, which Apple canceled before it saw
      the light of day.

      QuickHelp has an excellent index, and even better
      searching. Both standard Help and the WP Guide have string
      search, while QuickHelp supports an advanced Boolean
      syntax.

      I've never seen another Mac program with as many different,
      independent sources of assistance.

      For that matter, the manual is available (in the Files
      section here) in two formats: PDF and Envoy.

      I put QuickHelp on the SheepShaver image but,
      unfortunately, something's wrong with the copy I used and
      it doesn't work well. A good copy, plus a more recent version
      of SheepShaver, when one is released, will be on an update to
      that image.

      Meanwhile, QuickHelp is available to all of us, on any OS
      version, in the Files section here (this copy is a good
      one). On my machine, I put the QuickHelp folder in an
      out-of-the-way place and put an alias to the WordPerfect
      Help file in my OtherMenu/script menu, where it's as easy
      to access as the two other WP Help engines are on WP's Help
      menu. The OtherMenu utility, BTW, is a terrific addition to
      the Classic or SheepShaver environment.