NEWS - Microsoft buys Apple

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      NEW YORK (April 1) - In a move that stunned many industry observers
      but which insiders say was expected, Microsoft Corporation has
      acquired Apple Inc. (formerly Apple Computer) for over $120 billion in
      stock, other equities and cash, representatives of both companies
      announced today.

      "This is a very positive step for the entire industry," Microsoft
      chairman Bill Gates said. "While competition within a standard, such
      as between Dell and Gateway, is healthy for all concerned, continuing
      competition between two fundamentally incompatible standards
      presents needless expense and inefficiency to manufacturers,
      consumers, and the entire industry."

      "The merged product line will present a real advantage for both
      corporate and personal users," Apple chairman Steve Jobs said. "When
      it started to look like this merger would succeed, it finalized our
      decision to move to the Intel chip. It will make this entire transition
      much easier."

      In related developments, Microsoft announced that Mac OSX would
      be discontinued in favor of Vista, which received its first security
      patch last Tuesday, and that Apple's iPod would be discontinued in
      favor of Microsoft's Zune MP3 player.
    • Doug Auwarter
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        Nice one John! You really had me going for a second until I realized
        what date it is. :-) Thanks for the aerobics - my heart appreciates it.
        Smiles,
        Doug

        On Apr 1, 2007, at 3:53 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

        > NEW YORK (April 1) - In a move that stunned many industry observers
        > but which insiders say was expected, Microsoft Corporation has
        > acquired Apple Inc. (formerly Apple Computer) for over $120 billion in
        > stock, other equities and cash, representatives of both companies
        > announced today.
        >
        > "This is a very positive step for the entire industry," Microsoft
        > chairman Bill Gates said. "While competition within a standard, such
        > as between Dell and Gateway, is healthy for all concerned, continuing
        > competition between two fundamentally incompatible standards
        > presents needless expense and inefficiency to manufacturers,
        > consumers, and the entire industry."
        >
        > "The merged product line will present a real advantage for both
        > corporate and personal users," Apple chairman Steve Jobs said. "When
        > it started to look like this merger would succeed, it finalized our
        > decision to move to the Intel chip. It will make this entire
        > transition
        > much easier."
        >
        > In related developments, Microsoft announced that Mac OSX would
        > be discontinued in favor of Vista, which received its first security
        > patch last Tuesday, and that Apple's iPod would be discontinued in
        > favor of Microsoft's Zune MP3 player.

      • Cydne
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
          You are a mean, cruel, twisted (and funny) soul! LOL!!

          Cydne

          On Apr 1, 2007, at 3:53 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

          > NEW YORK (April 1) - In a move that stunned many industry observers
          > but which insiders say was expected, Microsoft Corporation has
          > acquired Apple Inc. (formerly Apple Computer) for over $120 billion in
          > stock, other equities and cash, representatives of both companies
          > announced today.
          >
          > "This is a very positive step for the entire industry," Microsoft
          > chairman Bill Gates said. "While competition within a standard, such
          > as between Dell and Gateway, is healthy for all concerned, continuing
          > competition between two fundamentally incompatible standards
          > presents needless expense and inefficiency to manufacturers,
          > consumers, and the entire industry."
          >
          > "The merged product line will present a real advantage for both
          > corporate and personal users," Apple chairman Steve Jobs said. "When
          > it started to look like this merger would succeed, it finalized our
          > decision to move to the Intel chip. It will make this entire
          > transition
          > much easier."
          >
          > In related developments, Microsoft announced that Mac OSX would
          > be discontinued in favor of Vista, which received its first security
          > patch last Tuesday, and that Apple's iPod would be discontinued in
          > favor of Microsoft's Zune MP3 player.

        • Bob Stern
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
            #1:
            Google had the brilliant insight that linking houses via existing
            sewer lines avoids the need to run new conduits to provide high speed
            internet service. Be sure the click the large, blue Get Started
            button.
            http://www.google.com/tisp/

            #2:
            Gmail Paper, made out of 96% post-consumer organic soybean sputum:
            http://mail.google.com/mail/help/paper/more.html

            --

            Bob Stern