Re: SheepShaver for Photoshop etc.

  • Sir Craig
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2007
      First of all, I would also like to thank John for this excellent resource!

      After discovering the Sheepshaver-WP image, I have gone ahead &
      made my own image, and installed OS 8.6 & numerous apps.

      Here is my solution for the file-sharing procedure; I don't want
      Sheepshaver creating extraneous files like "Desktop Folder" and
      "Desktop Printers DB" so I just use a folder called "shared" in the
      SheepShaver application's folder. But I don't use that for anything;
      I noticed strange behavior, of files not showing up & whatnot,
      even after rebooting Sheepshaver. So here's what I do, that has
      worked very well, & should safeguard the bootable images from
      corruption:

      Made a 300 Mb regular HFS disc image in Disk Utility.
      Added it to the list of disk images in Sheepshaver GUI.
      Anything I want to use in Sheepshaver, I put on that image,
      unmount it in OS X, then launch Sheepshaver.