SheepShaver - Load time on a MacBook?

  • tempusirae343
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2007
      There are a few old applications I've been wanting to run on my Intel
      Mac and I saw that this one came with WP and ready to install.
      Sounded like a good deal, the only problem is that I've done
      everything the Install ReadMe asked and it doesn't seem to be working
      - it just loads for a seemingly endless amount of time.

      Is 10+ minutes a reasonable amount of time for the program to take

      I'm running on OS X 10.4.8 and have a 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo with 512 MB
      SDRAM, so I don't think hardware is a problem...

      Please help...
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "tempusirae343" <tempusirae343@...> wrote:

        > Is 10+ minutes a reasonable amount of time for the program to take

        The latter. It should load in 10 seconds.

        I would: restart, unzip another copy of SheepShaver and SheepShaverGUI,
        and delete SS's prefs file. That's named:

        .sheepshaver_prefs

        in your Home directory. Since the name starts with a period, it's invisible
        in the Finder. Use the free utility EasyFind to delete it. Then start your
        new copy of SheepShaverGUI and recreate settings.

        John R.
      • tempusirae343
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2007
          That did it! Thanks a bunch! Great job on the build, it was very
          easy to set up and things seem to be running smoothly.