Re: WordPerfect Lightning Project

  • Jeff Abbott
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2007
      I went and posted in the Macs thread on the Lightning Project under "Feature
      Requests" (along with a couple of other folks) asking for a Mac version
      of either WP and/or Lightning and we got this response from the board
      moderator:
      ===
      Hi Folks,

      We do hear you on WPO for the Mac. It is a growing market as you
      correctly say. And it is true that Mac folks are passionate (so I know
      a Mac + WPO user's passion!). Let me ask you a few questions:

      How long have you been a Mac user?
      Would WordPerfect Lightning on a Mac be enough for what you want
      to do or would you need WPO too?
      Would you pay for Lightning on the Mac?
      Would you ever consider running Parallels, etc. + an O/S and then
      WPO? Why or why not?
      ===
      So here's a chance to let them know you'd like a Mac version again. . . .

      http://lightning.communityserver.com/forums/9/ShowForum.aspx

      Best,
      Jeff

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "tbgibson" <tbgibson@...> wrote:

      > As Corel is beta testing its Lightning WP project, they have a forum
      > for "Feature Requests." What do you think would happen if all the
      > folks in this Mac WP group were to request Mac support for Lightning?
      >
      > It might have an impact, you never know. The news last week showed
      > that Macs hold nearly 7% of the PC market now; that's up from about 3%
      > just a couple of years ago.
      >
      > Let's be heard! Go here (you'll have to register to post) and start a
      > new thread...
      >
      > http://lightning.communityserver.com/forums/9/ShowForum.aspx

    • tbgibson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2007
        My original " Macintosh Version Please!" post in the
        Lightning forum has 27 replies. And today I got this email:

        Subject: Macintosh Version Please!

        Reason: In the way

        Thanks,

        LightningCommunity.com team

        Hmph.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Abbott" <jeff@...> wrote:

        > I went and posted in the Macs thread on the Lightning Project under
        "Feature
        > Requests" (along with a couple of other folks) asking for a Mac
        version
        > of either WP and/or Lightning and we got this response from the board
        > moderator:
        > ===
        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > We do hear you on WPO for the Mac. It is a growing market as you
        > correctly say. And it is true that Mac folks are passionate (so I
        know
        > a Mac + WPO user's passion!). Let me ask you a few questions:
        >
        > How long have you been a Mac user?
        > Would WordPerfect Lightning on a Mac be enough for what you want
        > to do or would you need WPO too?
        > Would you pay for Lightning on the Mac?
        > Would you ever consider running Parallels, etc. + an O/S and then
        > WPO? Why or why not?
        > ===
        > So here's a chance to let them know you'd like a Mac version again. .
        . .

        > http://lightning.communityserver.com/forums/9/ShowForum.aspx
        >
        > Best,
        > Jeff
        >
        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "tbgibson" tbgibson@ wrote:
        > >
        > > As Corel is beta testing its Lightning WP project, they have a forum
        > > for "Feature Requests." What do you think would happen if all the
        > > folks in this Mac WP group were to request Mac support for
        Lightning?

        > > It might have an impact, you never know. The news last week showed
        > > that Macs hold nearly 7% of the PC market now; that's up from about
        3%
        > > just a couple of years ago.
        > >
        > > Let's be heard! Go here (you'll have to register to post) and start
        > > new thread...
        > >
        > > http://lightning.communityserver.com/forums/9/ShowForum.aspx

      • R. Mansfield
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
          They must've put the messages back. I think it's funny that the most
          attention paid to anything in the WP Lightning forums is the request
          for a Mac version.

          They also added a post about the Mac requests on their WP Lightning
          blog: http://lightning.communityserver.com/blogs/lightning/archive/
          2007/03/08/mac-faithful-show-their-love.aspx
        • Jeff Abbott
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
            It looks like they have combined the multiple "please give
            us a Mac version" threads--of which there were five or more
            at one point- into one single thread (currently with 30+
            replies). One of your posts is the original post in the
            combined thread. Perhaps it wasn't the politest way to let
            you know, but I'm glad they put it all the requests/posts
            about a Mac version in one thread--it gives our comments
            more heft, hopefully.

            What puzzles me is they're asking for feedback on Lightning
            from Mac users, when Lightning lists Windows as a
            requirement. . .