WordPerfect Lightning Project

  • tbgibson
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2007
      As Corel is beta testing its Lightning WP project, they have a forum
      for "Feature Requests." What do you think would happen if all the
      folks in this Mac WP group were to request Mac support for Lightning?

      It might have an impact, you never know. The news last week showed
      that Macs hold nearly 7% of the PC market now; that's up from about 3%
      just a couple of years ago.

      Let's be heard! Go here (you'll have to register to post) and start a
      new thread...

      http://lightning.communityserver.com/forums/9/ShowForum.aspx
    • Jeff Abbott
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2007
        I went and posted in the Macs thread on the Lightning Project under "Feature
        Requests" (along with a couple of other folks) asking for a Mac version
        of either WP and/or Lightning and we got this response from the board
        moderator:
        ===
        Hi Folks,

        We do hear you on WPO for the Mac. It is a growing market as you
        correctly say. And it is true that Mac folks are passionate (so I know
        a Mac + WPO user's passion!). Let me ask you a few questions:

        How long have you been a Mac user?
        Would WordPerfect Lightning on a Mac be enough for what you want
        to do or would you need WPO too?
        Would you pay for Lightning on the Mac?
        Would you ever consider running Parallels, etc. + an O/S and then
        WPO? Why or why not?
        ===
        So here's a chance to let them know you'd like a Mac version again. . . .

        http://lightning.communityserver.com/forums/9/ShowForum.aspx

        Best,
        Jeff

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2007
          My original " Macintosh Version Please!" post in the
          Lightning forum has 27 replies. And today I got this email:

          Subject: Macintosh Version Please!

          Reason: In the way

          Thanks,

          LightningCommunity.com team

          Hmph.

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Abbott" <jeff@...> wrote:

          > I went and posted in the Macs thread on the Lightning Project under
          "Feature
          > Requests" (along with a couple of other folks) asking for a Mac
          version
          > of either WP and/or Lightning and we got this response from the board
          > moderator:
          > ===
          > Hi Folks,
          >
          > We do hear you on WPO for the Mac. It is a growing market as you
          > correctly say. And it is true that Mac folks are passionate (so I
          know
          > a Mac + WPO user's passion!). Let me ask you a few questions:
          >
          > How long have you been a Mac user?
          > Would WordPerfect Lightning on a Mac be enough for what you want
          > to do or would you need WPO too?
          > Would you pay for Lightning on the Mac?
          > Would you ever consider running Parallels, etc. + an O/S and then
          > WPO? Why or why not?
          > ===
          > So here's a chance to let them know you'd like a Mac version again. .
          . .

          > http://lightning.communityserver.com/forums/9/ShowForum.aspx
          >
          > Best,
          > Jeff
          >
          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "tbgibson" tbgibson@ wrote:
          > >
          > > As Corel is beta testing its Lightning WP project, they have a forum
          > > for "Feature Requests." What do you think would happen if all the
          > > folks in this Mac WP group were to request Mac support for
          Lightning?

          > > It might have an impact, you never know. The news last week showed
          > > that Macs hold nearly 7% of the PC market now; that's up from about
          3%
          > > just a couple of years ago.
          > >
          > > Let's be heard! Go here (you'll have to register to post) and start
          > > new thread...
          > >
          > > http://lightning.communityserver.com/forums/9/ShowForum.aspx

        • R. Mansfield
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
            They must've put the messages back. I think it's funny that the most
            attention paid to anything in the WP Lightning forums is the request
            for a Mac version.

            They also added a post about the Mac requests on their WP Lightning
            blog: http://lightning.communityserver.com/blogs/lightning/archive/
            2007/03/08/mac-faithful-show-their-love.aspx
          • Jeff Abbott
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
              It looks like they have combined the multiple "please give
              us a Mac version" threads--of which there were five or more
              at one point- into one single thread (currently with 30+
              replies). One of your posts is the original post in the
              combined thread. Perhaps it wasn't the politest way to let
              you know, but I'm glad they put it all the requests/posts
              about a Mac version in one thread--it gives our comments
              more heft, hopefully.

              What puzzles me is they're asking for feedback on Lightning
              from Mac users, when Lightning lists Windows as a
              requirement. . .