Re: [wpmac] Corel Debuts Free WordPerfect "Lightning" Beta

  • James ARTHURS
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
      I checked it out: the download is a .exe file, so no good for Mac OS X.
      Too bad, for it sounds interesting in some ways.

      Jimmy.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Randy B. Singer" <randy@...> wrote:

        > Collaboration
        > is an integral part of the service. I've tried Google Docs and
        > Spreadsheets and it works perfectly with a Macintosh running Safari.
        > However, at this point it doesn't come close to Word and Excel. The
        > word processing component doesn't even come close to Mariner Write.

        When I go to http://docs.google.com/ with Safari, it tells me that's an
        unsupported browser, although they're working on it. Going there in
        Firefox works here, and the docs component is a nice little word processor,
        if slow. The revision history is a good feature, and the collaboration aspect is
        interesting. It could turn out to be the Next Big Thing, but technology
        sometimes promises more than it delivers. PowerTalk, publish and
        subscribe, the paperless office . . . who knows. Has potential though.