Re: Getting WordPerfect up and running

  • pjandlar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2007
      Hi David,

      Congrats on your new Mac - you'll love it!

      Assuming it's an Intel Mac, you need to do a bit more than just download WordPerfect,
      because the Intel Macs do not come with the Operating System (OS 9 or earlier, AKA
      "Classic) that runs WordPerfect. Not to worry, though, because there's a free download
      called SheepShaver that emulates the Classic environment, and then WordPerfect runs
      inside of that.

      John Rethorst, on this site, put together a dummy-proof download that will put together
      SheepShaver, WordPerfect, and some other files that will make WordPerfect run on Intel
      Macs.

      Go to the Links section on this site, then a folder called Sheepshaer and Basilisk, and go to
      "Sheepshaver-Wordperfect Install".

      For more information, go back to John's posts around January 8-12.

      Enjoy!
      Pam