The Little Things that Mean So Much

  • queryist2005
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17 1:03 PM
      I started using WP back in the early '90's, version 1 on my Mac SE, but only recently I
      discovered a feature that makes my word-processing life easier. Using "Spell-as-you-
      go," (which I also discovered within the past year or so) I found out that if I click and hold on
      the misspelled word, I get a list of spelling alternatives (same as with the spell-checker under
      the "Tools" menu), so I can just select the corrected spelling and continue typing. As I said,
      it's a little thing I might have learned about with a thorough reading of the User's Guide (it's
      on page 347). I was just so delighted to discover it, I had to share it with the group.

      Ron Fradkin
    • Doug Auwarter
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18 9:28 AM
        It's one of my favorite features. Also, click and hold on a word and
        the thesaurus comes up - it's a fantastic feature that has never been
        implemented on Word that I know of.
        Doug

        On Feb 17, 2007, at 3:03 PM, queryist2005 wrote:

        > I started using WP back in the early '90's, version 1 on my Mac SE,
        > but only recently I
        > discovered a feature that makes my word-processing life easier.
        > Using "Spell-as-you-
        > go," (which I also discovered within the past year or so) I found
        > out that if I click and hold on
        > the misspelled word, I get a list of spelling alternatives (same as
        > with the spell-checker under
        > the "Tools" menu), so I can just select the corrected spelling and
        > continue typing. As I said,
        > it's a little thing I might have learned about with a thorough
        > reading of the User's Guide (it's
        > on page 347). I was just so delighted to discover it, I had to
        > share it w

      • pjandlar
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19 10:29 AM
          Not that I want to support the dark side, but control/click/hold on the word does that in
          Word.

          Pam