[OT] What we do here . . .

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2007
      . . . is nothing new:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRjVeRbhtRU

      John R.
    • L.D. Sledge
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
        I bought Corel Wordperfect 3.5 for Macintosh from Amazon for my Mac OS X,
        but it will not work! I am new to Mac, having been a PC user since there
        was such a thing, and was convinced to switch. As a writer, I need to access
        the old WP and Word files and cannot convert them to use with this Mac. I
        am about to chuck this sweet little sucker and go back to PC¹s. I have
        several desktop PC¹s at home in Louisiana, and wanted to have a new laptop
        as I travel, and now cannot access old files I have written. I thought
        wall. If I cannot solve this soon I will be forced to sell this little guy
        and go back where I once was comfortable but hated all the viruses, etc.

        Ldsledge
        Clearwater, Fl

      • Jean Sparks
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
          Corel Wordperfect 3.5 won't work on the intel mac's however there is
          a free solution called sheepshaver which will. There are some good
          forums on it. Homepage is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordperfectmac/
          Then click on links. Can't remember if you need to be a group member
          (it's free) or just a Yahoo member (also free) to get into links. In
          any case you will see the option for Sheepsaver and Basilisk - I
          understand that Sheepsaver is better. I do not have an Intel so don't
          use this version but have successfully used the 3.5 version on the
          site for my iBook G4. I was finally able to open some files sent by
          Windows WP users. Forums seem to be responsive too. Hope this helps.
          Jean

          On Feb 17, 2007, at 10:26 AM, L.D. Sledge wrote:

          > I bought Corel Wordperfect 3.5 for Macintosh from Amazon for my Mac
          > OS X,
          > but it will not work! I am new to Mac, having been a PC user since
          > there
          > was such a thing, and was convinced to switch. As a writer, I need
          > to access
          > the old WP and Word files and cannot convert them to use with this
          > Mac. I
          > am about to chuck this sweet little sucker and go back to PC¹s. I have
          > several desktop PC¹s at home in Louisiana, and wanted to have a new
          > laptop
          > as I travel, and now cannot access old files I have written. I thought
          > another
          > wall. If I cannot solve this soon I will be forced to sell this
          > little guy
          > and go back where I once was comfortable but hated all the viruses,
          > etc.
          >
          > Ldsledge
          > Clearwater, Fl

        • Rick
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
            Ok, I'll start off by asking what Mac Laptop you got, what version of
            MacOS X you are running and all those "techie" questions one would get
            asked if one were calling a helpdesk. What it sounds like is, you
            haven't gotten Classic (OS9.2.2) loaded on the machine. I have a DMG
            file which is DVD sized and will load the whole Classic Environment on
            a PPC mac of any stripe which would not boot from an OS9 CD or hard
            drive. If your machine is an Intel based Mac, then John Rethorst's
            posts on SheepShaver will be helpful.

            YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "L.D. Sledge" <easywriter@...>
            wrote:

            > I bought Corel Wordperfect 3.5 for Macintosh from Amazon for my Mac
            OS X,
            > but it will not work! I am new to Mac, having been a PC user since
            there
            > was such a thing, and was convinced to switch. As a writer, I need
            to access
            > the old WP and Word files and cannot convert them to use with this
            Mac. I
            > am about to chuck this sweet little sucker and go back to PC�s. I have
            > several desktop PC�s at home in Louisiana, and wanted to have a new
            laptop
            > as I travel, and now cannot access old files I have written. I thought
            > wall. If I cannot solve this soon I will be forced to sell this
            little guy
            > and go back where I once was comfortable but hated all the viruses, etc.
            >
            > Ldsledge
            > Clearwater, Fl

          • J Busch
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
              LD,

              What is this 'new wall blocking you'? Is Mac WP 3.5
              not starting up? Are you having troubles opening
              files? What version of OS X are you using? Do you
              have a newer Intel Mac or an older PPC version? The
              good news is that you have many experts here to help
              you out, many already providing several options of
              converting WP files to Word.

              -Jonathan

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com