Re: [wpmac] Re: Problems with downloaded WP 3.5e

  • Frank Mitchell
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25, 2007
      Hello John

      >> I have had WordPerfect 3.5e from Corel for a long time and it has been
      >> working fine.
      >>
      >> Recently, I "upgraded" with the version downloaded from this site. Word
      >> Perfect's version number now appears to be 3.5e2B0.
      >>
      >> Two problems have been introduced...
      >>
      >> 1. Whenever I open WP I am asked to find and set the WP folder.
      >
      >When WP starts, it looks for a folder named, exactly, "Conversions"
      >in its application folder, i.e. the folder you've set as such in Prefs
      >or, if you haven't set one, the folder containing the application
      >file. The easiest fix is to download Conversions 2.1.1 from the
      >Conversions folder in the Files section here.

      That did it!

      During the upgrade I changed the previous folder title to "Word Perfect
      old". When the upgrade worked OK, I trashed the old file which contained
      the Conversions folder. Another case of throwing the baby out with the
      bath water!

      >> 2. Whenever I try to open an existing WP file I get the message
      >>
      >> "Disk Full!! Please free some disk space on the volume which contains the
      >> temporary files".
      >
      >What OS version are you using?

      Sorry, forgot to mention this - 10.3.9

      >I'd first try quitting WP and deleting the
      >Preferences file in the WordPerfect folder of the Preferences folder
      >of the System folder. If that doesn't work, a reinstall of the
      >downloaded program would be next. I think deleting Prefs might
      >fix it, though.

      And you are right, it did.

      Thank you very much for the help,
      Frank