Optimum window width in SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2007
      The install doc in the download suggests 1024, which is fine,
      as is any other setting you want, but I've reset mine to 970,
      which will display the entire width of the text area of a
      letter-sized (and thus A4 as well) WP doc with one-inch
      margins at 200% magnification. At 200, the WP window fills
      the screen; at 100 there's plenty of room for Finder icons or
      WP's Speller or Thesaurus windows.

      I go from 100% to 200% and back, toggling window size to
      suit, with this macro:

      If (ScaleFactor!=100)
      Magnification (100.0)
      Else
      Magnification (200.0)
      End If
      ;
      ZoomOut Window (FrontWindow)
      Display (On)

      You can change the 100/200 toggle to anything else by
      editing the lines starting with "Magnification".

      Paring down the width allows SheepShaver to draw the
      window just a little bit faster. Not that speed is an issue:
      the install here on an Intel core duo (not a duo 2) is just
      as fast as a G4 PPC.

      For those running SS on a core duo 2, how much faster
      is it than what you're used to?

      What margin measurement is typically used with A4 paper?