Re: [wpmac] [ANN] SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install

  • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
      Is it possible to upload the file (with cooperation of a Third party
      such as a University with a high speed connection T1/T5 on there end.

      The problem is not the speed of what you can download, so much as Many
      services still live in the dark ages and use banks of 56K modems for
      their servers.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
        Correct, and I'm sorry I didn't include this in the docs. Copy your
        [OS 9] System Folder > Preferences > WordPerfect folder into the
        Preferences folder of SheepShaver's System Folder, replacing
        (WordPerfect should not be running when you do this).

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
          It's possible to upload the file anywhere you want. A member of this
          group has volunteered to host the file. His server may be faster. I'll
          update the link once I get word that it's there.

          John R.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
            Dear Ed and John

            Thanks for this. It's beginning to make sense. That word UNIX always
            did cause me to come over in a cold sweat!

            Geoff

            >Correct, and I'm sorry I didn't include this in the docs. Copy your
            >[OS 9] System Folder > Preferences > WordPerfect folder into the
            >Preferences folder of SheepShaver's System Folder, replacing
            >(WordPerfect should not be running when you do this).
            >

            >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson"
            ><emendelson@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> No. SheepShaver is a completely separate Macintosh computer that
            >> happens to be running inside your physical computer. You'll have to
            >> copy your prefs from your physical computer into SheepShaver (using
            >> the folder that they both have access to).
            >>
            >> --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@> wrote:
            >>
            >> > Sorry to be ignorant, but does Sheepshaver
            >> > rely on the System Folder that I currently have sitting on my hard
            >> > disk?
            >>

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Edward Mendelson
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 10, 2007
              And after doing this, you may need to go to Edit - Preferences - Folders
              and change the settings, if any, because the original folder locations
              presumably won't work in the new system