Re: [wpmac] [ANN] SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
      No. SheepShaver is a completely separate Macintosh computer that
      happens to be running inside your physical computer. You'll have to
      copy your prefs from your physical computer into SheepShaver (using
      the folder that they both have access to).

      > Sorry to be ignorant, but does Sheepshaver
      > rely on the System Folder that I currently have sitting on my hard
      > disk?
    • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
        Is it possible to upload the file (with cooperation of a Third party
        such as a University with a high speed connection T1/T5 on there end.

        The problem is not the speed of what you can download, so much as Many
        services still live in the dark ages and use banks of 56K modems for
        their servers.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
          Correct, and I'm sorry I didn't include this in the docs. Copy your
          [OS 9] System Folder > Preferences > WordPerfect folder into the
          Preferences folder of SheepShaver's System Folder, replacing
          (WordPerfect should not be running when you do this).

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
            It's possible to upload the file anywhere you want. A member of this
            group has volunteered to host the file. His server may be faster. I'll
            update the link once I get word that it's there.

            John R.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
              Dear Ed and John

              Thanks for this. It's beginning to make sense. That word UNIX always
              did cause me to come over in a cold sweat!

              Geoff

              >Correct, and I'm sorry I didn't include this in the docs. Copy your
              >[OS 9] System Folder > Preferences > WordPerfect folder into the
              >Preferences folder of SheepShaver's System Folder, replacing
              >(WordPerfect should not be running when you do this).
              >

              >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson"
              ><emendelson@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> No. SheepShaver is a completely separate Macintosh computer that
              >> happens to be running inside your physical computer. You'll have to
              >> copy your prefs from your physical computer into SheepShaver (using
              >> the folder that they both have access to).
              >>
              >> --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@> wrote:
              >>
              >> > Sorry to be ignorant, but does Sheepshaver
              >> > rely on the System Folder that I currently have sitting on my hard
              >> > disk?
              >>

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Edward Mendelson
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 10, 2007
                And after doing this, you may need to go to Edit - Preferences - Folders
                and change the settings, if any, because the original folder locations
                presumably won't work in the new system