SheepShaver vs. Classic

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007
      In SheepShaver:

      All those old favorite extensions and control panels (or inits and
      cdev's, for the real vets) work.

      You can minimize (click the yellow button to send to the dock)
      SheepShaver, i.e. WordPerfect, just as you can any OSX app.

      Exposé, the 10.3 and later keystroke that spreads all open
      windows around the screen so you can see them all at once, works.

      Scrolling with a mouse wheel moves the insertion point.

      Open a 103-page WP document with graphics and formatting and
      press the End key. To scroll to the end:

      Classic: 1.25 ghz PPC iMac: 10 seconds
      SheepShaver: 2 ghz Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro: 5 seconds

      (Speed tests vary. Some favor one, some the other. IAC speed in
      use is indistinguishable.)

      The Adobe Postscript printer driver supports booklet printing.

      I set my OSX Documents folder of my Home folder to the
      SheepShaver Transfer folder. Everything shows up fine. I can open
      documents directly in that folder, and save directly in that folder.