Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Files omitted from 3.5e installer?

Expand Messages
  • Edward Mendelson
    Probably everyone knows this already, but it took me a while to figure it out: The 3.5e installer and updater do not include some essential files that are
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 21, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Probably everyone knows this already, but it took me a while to figure
      it out:

      The 3.5e installer and updater do not include some essential files that
      are installed by the Novell 3.5x installer (this was explained without
      details on the original download page, but the information seems to
      have got lost). This is the reason that the Labels template (and
      perhaps other templates too) are missing in new installations, and also
      the reason why the WP Equations Font and WP Envelopes Font are missing
      from new installations made from the installer.

      Are these fonts and templates included in the download files here? If
      not, could they be added to a separate installer file?

      I was driving myself slightly distracted trying to figure out why the
      Equation fonts were on one of my systems but not the other until I
      figured this one out...
    • John Rethorst
      ... The equation fonts, and now the labels template, are in the Files section here. I hadn t known there was an envelopes font. That would explain why an
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 21, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <emendelson@...> wrote:
        >
        > Probably everyone knows this already, but it took me a while to figure
        > it out:
        >
        > The 3.5e installer and updater do not include some essential files that
        > are installed by the Novell 3.5x installer (this was explained without
        > details on the original download page, but the information seems to
        > have got lost). This is the reason that the Labels template (and
        > perhaps other templates too) are missing in new installations, and also
        > the reason why the WP Equations Font and WP Envelopes Font are missing
        > from new installations made from the installer.

        The equation fonts, and now the labels template, are in the Files section
        here. I hadn't known there was an envelopes font. That would explain why
        an earlier poster was getting blank envelopes. If someone can send me
        the envelopes font, I'll post it.

        John R.
      • Edward Mendelson
        OK, I think I ve got this sorted out: There were two versions of 3.5e, one that was distributed on a CD called Enhancement Pack for Corel WordPerfect for Mac
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 21, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          OK, I think I've got this sorted out:

          There were two versions of 3.5e, one that was distributed on a CD called
          "Enhancement Pack for Corel WordPerfect for Mac OS v 3.5", the other
          that was the downloadable version we all know about.

          CD version:

          The installer on the CD is 28.7 MB in size (30,126,037 bytes) and is
          dated 4 August 1997. It creates an executable version of WP numbered
          3.5e, dated 2 August 1997, and sized 3,529,194 bytes.

          The installer creates a "Templates US" folder (at least in the US) with
          a total of 2.9 MB of templates included. It also installs the WP
          Equations and WP Envelopes fonts.

          This CD-installed version can NOT be updated by the OS 8-9 updatder.

          Downloadable version:

          The downloadable installer is 24.3 MB in size (25,510,202 bytes) and is
          dated 18 August 1999. It creates an executable version of WP also
          numbered 3.5e, but dated 28 February 1998, and sized 3,780,377 bytes.

          This installer does not, as far as I can tell, create a Templates
          folder, and it does not install the WP Equations font or the WP
          Envelopes font.

          This downloadable version CAN be updated by the OS 8-9 updater to a
          version numbered 3.5e2b0 (that's a beta, not a b in the original), dated
          11 October 1996, and sized 3,526,235 bytes.

          Corrections welcome, of course. And is it possible to put together a
          complete installer that would have all the goodies from the CD version
          together with the revised files from the downloadable installer?


          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@...>
          wrote:
          >
          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" emendelson@
          wrote:
          > >
          > > Probably everyone knows this already, but it took me a while to
          figure
          > > it out:
          > >
          > > The 3.5e installer and updater do not include some essential files
          that
          > > are installed by the Novell 3.5x installer (this was explained
          without
          > > details on the original download page, but the information seems to
          > > have got lost). This is the reason that the Labels template (and
          > > perhaps other templates too) are missing in new installations, and
          also
          > > the reason why the WP Equations Font and WP Envelopes Font are
          missing
          > > from new installations made from the installer.
          >
          > The equation fonts, and now the labels template, are in the Files
          section
          > here. I hadn't known there was an envelopes font. That would explain
          why
          > an earlier poster was getting blank envelopes. If someone can send me
          > the envelopes font, I'll post it.
          >
          > John R.
          >




          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Geoff Gilbert
          I ve just stuck my Corel WordPerfect Enhanced CD in my CD Drive. 581 Mb and modified on 4 August 1997. It has a Fonts folder with three sub folders: Font
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 21, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            I've just stuck my Corel WordPerfect Enhanced CD in my CD Drive. 581
            Mb and modified on 4 August 1997. It has a Fonts folder with three
            sub folders: Font Families, Font Groups and Symbols - 83.6Mb. There's
            also Clip Art, Textures, Web Art and Photos. In the WordPerfect
            folder there are templates for the UK, Australia and the US & Canada.
            However, no Equation or Envelope Fonts.

            Geoff

            >OK, I think I've got this sorted out:
            >
            >There were two versions of 3.5e, one that was distributed on a CD called
            >"Enhancement Pack for Corel WordPerfect for Mac OS v 3.5", the other
            >that was the downloadable version we all know about.
            >
            >CD version:
            >
            >The installer on the CD is 28.7 MB in size (30,126,037 bytes) and is
            >dated 4 August 1997. It creates an executable version of WP numbered
            >3.5e, dated 2 August 1997, and sized 3,529,194 bytes.
            >
            >The installer creates a "Templates US" folder (at least in the US) with
            >a total of 2.9 MB of templates included. It also installs the WP
            >Equations and WP Envelopes fonts.
            >
            >This CD-installed version can NOT be updated by the OS 8-9 updatder.
            >
            >Downloadable version:
            >
            >The downloadable installer is 24.3 MB in size (25,510,202 bytes) and is
            >dated 18 August 1999. It creates an executable version of WP also
            >numbered 3.5e, but dated 28 February 1998, and sized 3,780,377 bytes.
            >
            >This installer does not, as far as I can tell, create a Templates
            >folder, and it does not install the WP Equations font or the WP
            >Envelopes font.
            >
            >This downloadable version CAN be updated by the OS 8-9 updater to a
            >version numbered 3.5e2b0 (that's a beta, not a b in the original), dated
            >11 October 1996, and sized 3,526,235 bytes.
            >
            >Corrections welcome, of course. And is it possible to put together a
            >complete installer that would have all the goodies from the CD version
            >together with the revised files from the downloadable installer?
            >
            >
            >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@...>
            >wrote:
            >>
            >> --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" emendelson@
            >wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Probably everyone knows this already, but it took me a while to
            >figure
            >> > it out:
            >> >
            >> > The 3.5e installer and updater do not include some essential files
            >that
            >> > are installed by the Novell 3.5x installer (this was explained
            >without
            >> > details on the original download page, but the information seems to
            >> > have got lost). This is the reason that the Labels template (and
            >> > perhaps other templates too) are missing in new installations, and
            >also
            >> > the reason why the WP Equations Font and WP Envelopes Font are
            >missing
            >> > from new installations made from the installer.
            >>
            >> The equation fonts, and now the labels template, are in the Files
            >section
            >> here. I hadn't known there was an envelopes font. That would explain
            >why
            >> an earlier poster was getting blank envelopes. If someone can send me
            >> the envelopes font, I'll post it.
            >>
            >> John R.
            >>
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
          • Edward Mendelson
            The WP Equation and Envelope fonts are presumably stuffed into the CD-based installer program. How do I know this? Because the fonts were not in my System
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 21, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              The WP Equation and Envelope fonts are presumably stuffed into the
              CD-based installer program. How do I know this? Because the fonts
              were not in my System Folder before I ran the installer, but they
              were suddenly present in my System Folder after I ran the installer.

              If you search the CD, you won't find any of the files that the
              installer puts into the System Folder. They're all stuffed into the
              installer file itself.

              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@...>
              wrote:
              >
              > I've just stuck my Corel WordPerfect Enhanced CD in my CD Drive.
              581
              > Mb and modified on 4 August 1997. It has a Fonts folder with three
              > sub folders: Font Families, Font Groups and Symbols - 83.6Mb.
              There's
              > also Clip Art, Textures, Web Art and Photos. In the WordPerfect
              > folder there are templates for the UK, Australia and the US &
              Canada.
              > However, no Equation or Envelope Fonts.
              >
              > Geoff
              >
              > >OK, I think I've got this sorted out:
              > >
              > >There were two versions of 3.5e, one that was distributed on a CD
              called
              > >"Enhancement Pack for Corel WordPerfect for Mac OS v 3.5", the
              other
              > >that was the downloadable version we all know about.
              > >
              > >CD version:
              > >
              > >The installer on the CD is 28.7 MB in size (30,126,037 bytes) and
              is
              > >dated 4 August 1997. It creates an executable version of WP
              numbered
              > >3.5e, dated 2 August 1997, and sized 3,529,194 bytes.
              > >
              > >The installer creates a "Templates US" folder (at least in the US)
              with
              > >a total of 2.9 MB of templates included. It also installs the WP
              > >Equations and WP Envelopes fonts.
              > >
              > >This CD-installed version can NOT be updated by the OS 8-9
              updatder.
              > >
              > >Downloadable version:
              > >
              > >The downloadable installer is 24.3 MB in size (25,510,202 bytes)
              and is
              > >dated 18 August 1999. It creates an executable version of WP also
              > >numbered 3.5e, but dated 28 February 1998, and sized 3,780,377
              bytes.
              > >
              > >This installer does not, as far as I can tell, create a Templates
              > >folder, and it does not install the WP Equations font or the WP
              > >Envelopes font.
              > >
              > >This downloadable version CAN be updated by the OS 8-9 updater to a
              > >version numbered 3.5e2b0 (that's a beta, not a b in the original),
              dated
              > >11 October 1996, and sized 3,526,235 bytes.
              > >
              > >Corrections welcome, of course. And is it possible to put together
              a
              > >complete installer that would have all the goodies from the CD
              version
              > >together with the revised files from the downloadable installer?
              > >
              > >
              > >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@>
              > >wrote:
              > >>
              > >> --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson"
              emendelson@
              > >wrote:
              > >> >
              > >> > Probably everyone knows this already, but it took me a while
              to
              > >figure
              > >> > it out:
              > >> >
              > >> > The 3.5e installer and updater do not include some essential
              files
              > >that
              > >> > are installed by the Novell 3.5x installer (this was explained
              > >without
              > >> > details on the original download page, but the information
              seems to
              > >> > have got lost). This is the reason that the Labels template
              (and
              > >> > perhaps other templates too) are missing in new
              installations, and
              > >also
              > >> > the reason why the WP Equations Font and WP Envelopes Font are
              > >missing
              > >> > from new installations made from the installer.
              > >>
              > >> The equation fonts, and now the labels template, are in the
              Files
              > >section
              > >> here. I hadn't known there was an envelopes font. That would
              explain
              > >why
              > >> an earlier poster was getting blank envelopes. If someone can
              send me
              > >> the envelopes font, I'll post it.
              > >>
              > >> John R.
              > >>
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >
              > >
              > >
              >
            • Geoff Gilbert
              That s what I guessed, but the actual WP file and other elements of the programme are not stuffed, so I wondered whether it was a hold over from an earlier
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 21, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                That's what I guessed, but the actual WP file and other elements of
                the programme are not stuffed, so I wondered whether it was a hold
                over from an earlier version of WP I'd had on my machine.

                Geoff


                >The WP Equation and Envelope fonts are presumably stuffed into the
                >CD-based installer program. How do I know this? Because the fonts
                >were not in my System Folder before I ran the installer, but they
                >were suddenly present in my System Folder after I ran the installer.
                >
                >If you search the CD, you won't find any of the files that the
                >installer puts into the System Folder. They're all stuffed into the
                >installer file itself.
                >
                >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@...>
                >wrote:
                >>
                >> I've just stuck my Corel WordPerfect Enhanced CD in my CD Drive.
                >581
                >> Mb and modified on 4 August 1997. It has a Fonts folder with three
                >> sub folders: Font Families, Font Groups and Symbols - 83.6Mb.
                >There's
                >> also Clip Art, Textures, Web Art and Photos. In the WordPerfect
                >> folder there are templates for the UK, Australia and the US &
                >Canada.
                >> However, no Equation or Envelope Fonts.
                >>
                >> Geoff
                >>
                >> >OK, I think I've got this sorted out:
                >> >
                >> >There were two versions of 3.5e, one that was distributed on a CD
                >called
                >> >"Enhancement Pack for Corel WordPerfect for Mac OS v 3.5", the
                >other
                >> >that was the downloadable version we all know about.
                >> >
                >> >CD version:
                >> >
                >> >The installer on the CD is 28.7 MB in size (30,126,037 bytes) and
                >is
                >> >dated 4 August 1997. It creates an executable version of WP
                >numbered
                >> >3.5e, dated 2 August 1997, and sized 3,529,194 bytes.
                >> >
                >> >The installer creates a "Templates US" folder (at least in the US)
                >with
                >> >a total of 2.9 MB of templates included. It also installs the WP
                >> >Equations and WP Envelopes fonts.
                >> >
                >> >This CD-installed version can NOT be updated by the OS 8-9
                >updatder.
                >> >
                >> >Downloadable version:
                >> >
                >> >The downloadable installer is 24.3 MB in size (25,510,202 bytes)
                >and is
                >> >dated 18 August 1999. It creates an executable version of WP also
                >> >numbered 3.5e, but dated 28 February 1998, and sized 3,780,377
                >bytes.
                >> >
                >> >This installer does not, as far as I can tell, create a Templates
                >> >folder, and it does not install the WP Equations font or the WP
                >> >Envelopes font.
                >> >
                >> >This downloadable version CAN be updated by the OS 8-9 updater to a
                >> >version numbered 3.5e2b0 (that's a beta, not a b in the original),
                >dated
                >> >11 October 1996, and sized 3,526,235 bytes.
                >> >
                >> >Corrections welcome, of course. And is it possible to put together
                >a
                >> >complete installer that would have all the goodies from the CD
                >version
                >> >together with the revised files from the downloadable installer?
                >> >
                >> >
                >> >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@>
                >> >wrote:
                >> >>
                >> >> --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson"
                >emendelson@
                >> >wrote:
                >> >> >
                >> >> > Probably everyone knows this already, but it took me a while
                >to
                >> >figure
                >> >> > it out:
                >> >> >
                >> >> > The 3.5e installer and updater do not include some essential
                >files
                >> >that
                >> >> > are installed by the Novell 3.5x installer (this was explained
                >> >without
                >> >> > details on the original download page, but the information
                >seems to
                >> >> > have got lost). This is the reason that the Labels template
                >(and
                >> >> > perhaps other templates too) are missing in new
                >installations, and
                >> >also
                >> >> > the reason why the WP Equations Font and WP Envelopes Font are
                >> >missing
                >> >> > from new installations made from the installer.
                >> >>
                >> >> The equation fonts, and now the labels template, are in the
                >Files
                >> >section
                >> >> here. I hadn't known there was an envelopes font. That would
                >explain
                >> >why
                >> >> an earlier poster was getting blank envelopes. If someone can
                >send me
                >> >> the envelopes font, I'll post it.
                >> >>
                >> >> John R.
                >> >>
                >> >
                >> >
                >> >
                >> >
                >> >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >> >
                >> >
                >> >
                >> >
                >> >Yahoo! Groups Links
                >> >
                >> >
                >> >
                >>
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
              • Neil Kosh
                I ve been using using WP 3.5e since it became available. I also installed the Enhancement Pack ages ago/ How can I know I have the Equation and Envelope
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 22, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  I've been using using WP 3.5e since it became available. I also
                  installed the Enhancement Pack ages ago/

                  How can I know I have the Equation and Envelope fonts? What names
                  should I look for?


                  Neil Kosh



                  > >The WP Equation and Envelope fonts are presumably stuffed into the
                  >>CD-based installer program. How do I know this? Because the fonts
                  >>were not in my System Folder before I ran the installer, but they
                  > >were suddenly present in my System Folder after I ran the installer.
                • Edward Mendelson
                  Two replies: one to Geoff, which seems to have got lost while posting: The fact that there s a folder on the 3.5e CD that contains the executable WordPerfect
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 22, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Two replies: one to Geoff, which seems to have got lost while posting:

                    The fact that there's a folder on the 3.5e CD that contains the
                    executable WordPerfect program is a completely separate fact from the
                    fact that the installer program contains a separate compressed copy of
                    the same program.

                    At one point, Corel more or less always put a full application folder
                    on its install CDs (that's the way all the WPDOS CDs worked); the
                    application folder had some of the same files that the SEPARATE
                    installer program installed - but the folder on the CD did not contain
                    the files that got installed into the system folder. So you need to
                    use the installer to get the WP Equation and Envelope fonts and
                    presumably other addons installed into your system.

                    Second reply: to determine if you have the Equation fonts etc
                    installed, run WP, use Tools/Equation/New, and if WP pops up an error
                    message saying that the equation fonts are not installed, then you can
                    assume that the equation fonts are not installed. If you don't get the
                    error message, and you can create an equation and insert a character
                    such as a Sigma, then the equation fonts are in fact installed.



                    --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Neil Kosh <neilk99@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > I've been using using WP 3.5e since it became available. I also
                    > installed the Enhancement Pack ages ago/
                    >
                    > How can I know I have the Equation and Envelope fonts? What names
                    > should I look for?
                    >
                    >
                    > Neil Kosh
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > > >The WP Equation and Envelope fonts are presumably stuffed into the
                    > >>CD-based installer program. How do I know this? Because the fonts
                    > >>were not in my System Folder before I ran the installer, but they
                    > > >were suddenly present in my System Folder after I ran the installer.
                    >
                  • Rick Albright
                    ... I m not so sure, though I m not about to go through all of the installation process just to try to prove a point. But I ve never used the downloadable
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 22, 2006
                    • 0 Attachment
                      On Dec 21, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Edward Mendelson wrote:

                      > This CD-installed version can NOT be updated by the OS 8-9 updatder.

                      I'm not so sure, though I'm not about to go through all of the
                      installation process just to try to prove a point. But I've never
                      used the downloadable version, having always worked from the CD
                      enhancement pack version (with my original registration number.) I
                      know I applied the OS 8-9 update, because it fixed the too-rapid
                      scrolling problem (unless that was on a different patch) that I had
                      when I first used it back when I got the OS8 update on my old Performa.

                      It's been so long that I can't remember for sure--but I think that
                      when I got my G3 iBook, I copied the already patched application file
                      (the whole WP folder and Preferences file, actually) onto that
                      machine, and then when I got my Mini, I used the startup assistant to
                      enable the Firewire target disk mode to transfer all the accounts and
                      files to the Mini. My point--sorry it's taking so long--is that I've
                      been working with the application file that I patched way back when
                      under OS8. Is it possible that the CD version might have been
                      patchable under OS8 or 9, but perhaps not under Classic? That's the
                      only explanation I can think of.

                      =========================================================
                      "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual
                      warfare."
                      --James Madison, 1793

                      Rick Albright
                      logres@...
                    • Edward Mendelson
                      Actually, we re both right. I discovered one extra detail that should clarify the whole thing. I had forgotten that there are two separate updaters floating
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 23, 2006
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Actually, we're both right. I discovered one extra detail that should
                        clarify the whole thing. I had forgotten that there are two separate
                        updaters floating around out there. One is a 1.9 MB file generally
                        called "WordPerfect 3.5e Updater"; the other, often with the identical
                        name, is a 389KB file commonly known as the OS 8-9 updater.

                        Let's call the first one " the large 1.9 MB updater" and the other one
                        "the small 389KB OS 8-9 updater". They do completely different things.

                        As I said earlier, the CD-based installer produces an executable that
                        can NOT be updated by the OS 8-9 updater. However, the CD-based version
                        CAN be updated by "the large 1.9 MB updater" to an executable numbered
                        3.5e, dated 28 February 1998, sized 3,526,496 bytes. This updated 3.5e
                        version can THEN be updated (as the non-updated version could not) by
                        the "small 389KB OS 8-9 updater" to the final 3.5e2b0 version. (I expect
                        this is how you got to the final version.)

                        The downloadable version does not need the intermediate stage of the
                        large 1.9MB updater; it can be directly updated by "the small 389KB OS
                        8-9 updater" to the final version. However, as described in earlier
                        messages, the downloadable 3.5e installer does not install the full set
                        of templates and fonts.

                        So the best possible route to the final version is to start with the
                        CD-based installer; then apply "the large 1.9MB updater"; then finally
                        apply "the small 389KB OS 8-9 updater"; the result is the final version
                        of the program with all the fonts and templates.

                        I hope this finally clears up the matter!


                        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Rick Albright <logres@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > On Dec 21, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Edward Mendelson wrote:
                        >
                        > > This CD-installed version can NOT be updated by the OS 8-9 updatder.
                        >
                        > I'm not so sure, though I'm not about to go through all of the
                        > installation process just to try to prove a point. But I've never
                        > used the downloadable version, having always worked from the CD
                        > enhancement pack version (with my original registration number.) I
                        > know I applied the OS 8-9 update, because it fixed the too-rapid
                        > scrolling problem (unless that was on a different patch) that I had
                        > when I first used it back when I got the OS8 update on my old
                        Performa.
                      • Edward Mendelson
                        It turns out that all this information, in slightly different form is already widely available here:
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 23, 2006
                        • 0 Attachment
                          It turns out that all this information, in slightly different form is
                          already widely available here:

                          http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#findupdate
                          <http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#findupdate>

                          The author of that page obviously went to a lot of trouble to put
                          together all that information a few years ago, and there was no need for
                          me to duplicate his effort over the past two days.

                          But he seems not to have noticed (back then) that the downloadable
                          installer omits the equation fonts and the templates, so perhaps this
                          was worth doing, after all.


                          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson"
                          <emendelson@...> wrote:
                          >
                          >
                          > Actually, we're both right. I discovered one extra detail that should
                          > clarify the whole thing. I had forgotten that there are two separate
                          > updaters floating around out there. One is a 1.9 MB file generally
                          > called "WordPerfect 3.5e Updater"; the other, often with the identical
                          > name, is a 389KB file commonly known as the OS 8-9 updater.




                          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                        • Geoff Gilbert
                          For those who still possess the Enhancement Pack for Corel WordPerfect v3.5 CD and want to install the extra fonts that are only available via the installer
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 27, 2006
                          • 0 Attachment
                            For those who still possess the Enhancement Pack for Corel
                            WordPerfect v3.5 CD and want to install the extra fonts that are only
                            available via the installer (ie. not in the Fonts folder on that CD -
                            the Equation, Envelope & WP Bitstream fonts), but without
                            reinstalling the entire programme and having to update it, do a
                            Custom Install. The Installer defaults to Easy Install, but the
                            Custom Install allows you to simply install those fonts.

                            Geoff


                            >Two replies: one to Geoff, which seems to have got lost while posting:
                            >
                            >The fact that there's a folder on the 3.5e CD that contains the
                            >executable WordPerfect program is a completely separate fact from the
                            >fact that the installer program contains a separate compressed copy of
                            >the same program.
                            >
                            >At one point, Corel more or less always put a full application folder
                            >on its install CDs (that's the way all the WPDOS CDs worked); the
                            >application folder had some of the same files that the SEPARATE
                            >installer program installed - but the folder on the CD did not contain
                            >the files that got installed into the system folder. So you need to
                            >use the installer to get the WP Equation and Envelope fonts and
                            >presumably other addons installed into your system.
                            >
                            >Second reply: to determine if you have the Equation fonts etc
                            >installed, run WP, use Tools/Equation/New, and if WP pops up an error
                            >message saying that the equation fonts are not installed, then you can
                            >assume that the equation fonts are not installed. If you don't get the
                            >error message, and you can create an equation and insert a character
                            >such as a Sigma, then the equation fonts are in fact installed.
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Neil Kosh <neilk99@...> wrote:
                            >>
                            >> I've been using using WP 3.5e since it became available. I also
                            >> installed the Enhancement Pack ages ago/
                            >>
                            >> How can I know I have the Equation and Envelope fonts? What names
                            >> should I look for?
                            >>
                            >>
                            >> Neil Kosh
                            >>
                            >>
                            >>
                            >> > >The WP Equation and Envelope fonts are presumably stuffed into the
                            >> >>CD-based installer program. How do I know this? Because the fonts
                            >> >>were not in my System Folder before I ran the installer, but they
                            >> > >were suddenly present in my System Folder after I ran the installer.
                            >>
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >Yahoo! Groups Links
                            >
                            >
                            >
                          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.