Re: Converting WP files

  • thomasbriant
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "popeonabomb" <popeonabomb@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I need to convert some old Mac Wordperfect files. I was following
      > instructions on how to run WP 3.5 or 3.5e on Mac OS X, but I don't
      > have access to OS 9 to run the program in the Classic Environment.
      >
      > There are 14 files in all. None are very large.
      >
      > I came here in hopes of finding someone who would be kind enough to
      > convert the files for me.
      >
      > Would anyone be willing to help me out?

      Dear P on a B:

      Send them to me in a ZIP or SIT file at thomasbriant@.... What format
      do you want them converted to? I'm using DataViz Maclink to translate them.

      Tom
    • Paul Cowan
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
        On 19 Dec 2006, at 14h01, popeonabomb wrote:

        > I need to convert some old Mac Wordperfect files.

        How old is "old" ?

        If they're not older than version 3.0, just download NeoOffice from
        <http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/index.php>. Free. It will open
        them and you can resave them in one of a number of other formats.

        bye,

        P. (^_^)

        ---

        mailto:pooru@...

        Ma, quando si acquista stati in una provincia disforme di lingua, di
        costumi e di ordini, qui sono le difficultà. - Niccolò Machiavelli