Converting WP files

  • popeonabomb
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
      Greetings,

      I need to convert some old Mac Wordperfect files. I was following
      instructions on how to run WP 3.5 or 3.5e on Mac OS X, but I don't
      have access to OS 9 to run the program in the Classic Environment.

      There are 14 files in all. None are very large.

      I came here in hopes of finding someone who would be kind enough to
      convert the files for me.

      Would anyone be willing to help me out?
    • thomasbriant
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "popeonabomb" <popeonabomb@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > I need to convert some old Mac Wordperfect files. I was following
        > instructions on how to run WP 3.5 or 3.5e on Mac OS X, but I don't
        > have access to OS 9 to run the program in the Classic Environment.
        >
        > There are 14 files in all. None are very large.
        >
        > I came here in hopes of finding someone who would be kind enough to
        > convert the files for me.
        >
        > Would anyone be willing to help me out?

        Dear P on a B:

        Send them to me in a ZIP or SIT file at thomasbriant@.... What format
        do you want them converted to? I'm using DataViz Maclink to translate them.

        Tom
      • Paul Cowan
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
          On 19 Dec 2006, at 14h01, popeonabomb wrote:

          > I need to convert some old Mac Wordperfect files.

          How old is "old" ?

          If they're not older than version 3.0, just download NeoOffice from
          <http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/index.php>. Free. It will open
          them and you can resave them in one of a number of other formats.

          bye,

          P. (^_^)

          ---

          mailto:pooru@...

          Ma, quando si acquista stati in una provincia disforme di lingua, di
          costumi e di ordini, qui sono le difficultà. - Niccolò Machiavelli
        • Edward Mendelson
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
            You might get faster results by downloading NeoOffice, which is free and has WP import
            filters and exports in any standard format.