Re: SS/WP install?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J. Sandel" <grendelicious@...> wrote:

      > --- John Rethorst <jrethorst@...> wrote:
      >
      > > the SheepShaver/WordPerfect install
      > > I'm building, now in final testing
      >
      > John, this is off the current subject, but what is
      > your "install"--? My fantasy is that you'll create
      > some downloadable package for (relatively) simple
      > installation on an Intel Mac . . . if this isn't
      > premature, could you:
      >
      > 1. Name the components you'll include
      >
      > 2. Give a date when you'll make it available
      >
      > 3. Describe the installation process generally, for us
      > less-technical sorts

      Your fantasy has come true. This will install everything you
      need. Double-click the installer and spend 5 minutes setting
      some prefs. Printing (to paper or PDF) is transparent. All my
      old favorite extensions and control panels work, unlike with
      Classic. See the "Two WP's" screenshot in the Photos section
      here for an idea of screen clarity/resolution etc. I had hoped
      to have it ready by now, but I keep remembering this or that
      little thing to add to it, and everyone's busy with the holidays
      anyway, but it won't be long.

      John R.
    • J. Sandel
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2006
        --- John Rethorst <jrethorst@...> wrote:

        > Your fantasy has come true [snip]

        Wow! That's great news, considering I just fried my
        remaining PowerPC Mac.

        Who says Christmas never comes early?

        JS

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 2006
          John

          When you claim this will install everything you need, do we still
          need a Mac OS install disk, 8.5(?) or higher?

          Geoff