SS/WP install?

  • J. Sandel
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16 3:34 PM
      --- John Rethorst <jrethorst@...> wrote:

      > the SheepShaver/WordPerfect install
      > I'm building, now in final testing

      John, this is off the current subject, but what is
      your "install"--? My fantasy is that you'll create
      some downloadable package for (relatively) simple
      installation on an Intel Mac . . . if this isn't
      premature, could you:

      1. Name the components you'll include

      2. Give a date when you'll make it available

      3. Describe the installation process generally, for us
      less-technical sorts

      JS

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16 6:44 PM
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J. Sandel" <grendelicious@...> wrote:

        > --- John Rethorst <jrethorst@...> wrote:
        >
        > > the SheepShaver/WordPerfect install
        > > I'm building, now in final testing
        >
        > John, this is off the current subject, but what is
        > your "install"--? My fantasy is that you'll create
        > some downloadable package for (relatively) simple
        > installation on an Intel Mac . . . if this isn't
        > premature, could you:
        >
        > 1. Name the components you'll include
        >
        > 2. Give a date when you'll make it available
        >
        > 3. Describe the installation process generally, for us
        > less-technical sorts

        Your fantasy has come true. This will install everything you
        need. Double-click the installer and spend 5 minutes setting
        some prefs. Printing (to paper or PDF) is transparent. All my
        old favorite extensions and control panels work, unlike with
        Classic. See the "Two WP's" screenshot in the Photos section
        here for an idea of screen clarity/resolution etc. I had hoped
        to have it ready by now, but I keep remembering this or that
        little thing to add to it, and everyone's busy with the holidays
        anyway, but it won't be long.

        John R.
      • J. Sandel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16 7:49 PM
          --- John Rethorst <jrethorst@...> wrote:

          > Your fantasy has come true [snip]

          Wow! That's great news, considering I just fried my
          remaining PowerPC Mac.

          Who says Christmas never comes early?

          JS

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17 3:29 PM
            John

            When you claim this will install everything you need, do we still
            need a Mac OS install disk, 8.5(?) or higher?

            Geoff