conversion to Word

  • eyeless_jerry
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2006
      21 nov 2006 kl. 18.01 skrev J.J. McVeigh:
      "I downloaded the wpd file in question. MacLink
      Plus immediately recognized it as a WordPerfect 2
      for Mac document, and was able to readily convert
      it to a WP 3.5ep document, to a Word X for Mac
      Document, to a Word 98 document, and to a Word
      Windows XP document."

      "I was able to open the converted files using WP
      3.5ep for Mac, and Word X. In all cases, the
      opened files look the same.... ."

      Thanks for the help!

      Jerry
    • Smokey Ardisson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2006
        On Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:09 am ((PST)), "eyeless_jerry" <yahoogroups.com@_> wrote:

        >Hi again,
        >
        >Well, the files does not open in NeoOffice either -- well, they
        >open, but are blank. I verified
        >that there is text content in the file by opening it in TextEdit --
        >the first characters there
        >suggests it might be a WordPerfect 2 for Mac file ... (I am trying
        >to help someone else with
        >this and apparently he has vers. 2 to 3.5 files).
        >I have a file here that you can test with if you do not believe me
        >(I added the .wpd extension
        >so the file is possible to open with double-click):
        ><http://cycloclimbing.com/other/FaxBjerkander.wpd>

        It sounds like you've already gotten this file to open successfully
        in WP-Mac 3.5e, so just an update about the NeoOffice/AbiWord routes.
        The current versions of NeoOffice and AbiWord are using older
        versions of the libwpd library (which handles translating WordPerfect
        documents), but the latest version of libwpd handles this file just
        fine (thanks in part to a member of this list who sent me a bunch of
        WP 2 documents earlier this year). Whenever NeoOffice and AbiWord
        update to the latest libwpd, they'll be able to open WP2 (and WP1, as
        well as WP3 and 3.5e) documents properly, too (for NeoOffice this is
        currently scheduled for the next major release).

        Best,
        Smokey