Re: [wpmac] batch conversion to Word

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 20, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Randy B. Singer <randy@...> wrote:

      > How about printing? Is it as seamless as it is in recent versions of
      > Classic?

      Just print with the free Adobe PS driver, to a folder you set. A folder action
      script opens whatever comes into that folder with Printer Setup Utility,
      which comes with OSX, and which prints the file. So, press command-P
      in WP and then hit Return in the Print dialog. Looks to be as fast as with
      a PPC Mac.

      John R.
    • Barney Christianson
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 21, 2006

        >But . . . I have SheepShaver running really well, and am building a CD image
        >that will have _everything_, including an installer. I have yet to find a
        >disadvantage to it relative to Classic.
        >
        >John R.

        John, an earlier post caused me some concern about saving documents
        created in SheepShaver. Have you tried saving from SheepShaver
        directly into folders over a network? We have separate work stations
        linked to an Xserver? Right now we either:
        begin with a WP precedent in a database in one partition on the
        server and save the product to one of thousands of clients' folders
        in another partition, or
        modify an existing WP document in a client's folder and "Save As" the
        product back to the same folder.

        Will these steps work in SheepShaver?

        Barney

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 22, 2006
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Barney Christianson <bchristianson@...> wrote:

          > John, an earlier post caused me some concern about saving documents
          > created in SheepShaver. Have you tried saving from SheepShaver
          > directly into folders over a network? We have separate work stations
          > linked to an Xserver? Right now we either:
          > begin with a WP precedent in a database in one partition on the
          > server and save the product to one of thousands of clients' folders
          > in another partition, or
          > modify an existing WP document in a client's folder and "Save As" the
          > product back to the same folder.
          >
          > Will these steps work in SheepShaver?

          This is on my list to check out, but it will be another week. IAC you
          can save in SS to any folder, and a folder action attached to that
          folder could move or copy the file to the network folder, if there's a
          problem saving there directly.