Re: [wpmac] Going to the Darkest Side?

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2006
      pjandlar said:

      >So, here are my choices -
      >1)continue slogging through the SheepShaver instructions, maybe or maybe
      >not getting it
      >to work.
      >2)Buy MS Office and use Word - I need Excel and PowerPoint anyway so
      >that's no biggie
      >(and of course my previous version won't work on the Intel beastie).
      >3) OR, what about buying - gulp - Windoze and PC WordPerfect? The new
      >Intel Mac came
      >with Parallels Desktop, so I *could* do that.....
      >
      >Which side is the darkest - Word on Mac, or WordPerfect under Windoze?
      >
      >Any thoughts on the above?

      Another option:

      Download NeoOffice and use it to read your WP files and as your word
      processor:
      http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/features.php

      It is FREE, there is now an Intel-native version, it can handle both the
      WordPerfect file format and the Word file format, and its pretty
      full-featured.

      If you do decide to move to MS Word, you can use NeoOffice as an
      intermediary to convert your files to Word format.

      Randy B. Singer

      Co-Author of:
      The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

      OS X Routine Maintenance
      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html