trouble seting up SheepShaver and WP on Intel Macs

  • pjandlar
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
      In the instructions on atpm.com, the link to TomeViewer didn't have TomeViewer on it (or I
      couldn't find it). Instead I downloaded TomeViewer through Version Tracker. I ran it per
      instructions to open and Expand the OS ROM Update, but Expand gave me the error
      message "There was a problem decrompressing the file "Mac OS ROM". (-43)" I posted this
      on the atpm site, but haven't heard yet of a solution.
      Pam

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, pjandlar <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > In the instructions on atpm.com, the link to TomeViewer didn't have
        > TomeViewer on it (or I couldn't find it).

        On that page (Apple's page with OS ROM Update 1.0), just below
        the top, there's a table. In the rightmost column there's an
        icon labeled Software. Click on that.

        John R.
      • pjandlar
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
          No problem downloading and double-clicking OS ROM Update 1.0 from Apple's page.

          The problems were with TomeViewer. I couldn't find TomeViewer from the link on
          atpm.com so instead I downloaded TomeViewer from versiontracker - that's probably ok.

          Then when I used TomeViewer to expand the OS ROM Update I got error -43. I just tried
          it again and got the same error, BUT then I gave the destination file a different name and it
          worked.

          Now off to the next step........