Re: [wpmac] I take it back (re: WP RUNS ON INTEL!)

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2006
      John Sandel said:

      >The page to which John linked details the steps for Sheepshaver. Any
      >tips you have, though, John, based on your experience, will be much
      >appreciated.

      Actually, since SheepShaver is open source, if John has any suggestions
      for getting it to run, they should be directed to the SheepShaver home
      site so that they can be posted there and then every Mac user anywhere
      can take advantage of them.

      Unfortunately it is impossible for the SheepShaver project folks to put
      together an idiot-proof installer for SheepShaver as it requires
      copyrighted software from Apple. (Which is downloadable for free, but
      which is copyrighted none-the-less, which means that without permission
      from Apple this software cannot be redistributed or integrated into an
      installer.) Apple has not been at all cooperative with the SheepShaver
      folks.

      Randy B. Singer

      Co-Author of:
      The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

      OS X Routine Maintenance
      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html