Help another poor soul Re: Make list of iTunes selected songs in WP

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "strongrunning1" <apgreene@...>
      wrote:

      > I am having problems with John's/Doug Adams's AppleScript to make a
      > list of selected songs in WP. When I run the script I get the
      > following AppleScript Error: "Corel WordPerfect got an error:
      > Connection is invalid."
      >
      > WordPerfect resides on a different partition from my OS X (10.3.9),
      > but when I first opened the script, I was prompted to find
      > WordPerfect, and I clicked on the appropriate location, so I don't
      > understand what I need to do to get the script to run properly. Any
      > ideas?

      Do you get this error when running other Applescripts that
      use WP?
    • Alan Greene
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2006
        With all the help I get using WordPerfect macros and iKey (in the day I
        used One Click), I don't think I use AppleScripts with WordPerfect.
        Maybe I've been missing out on something colossal all along, and need to
        be enlightened. However, I just ran the WP Browser applet without a
        hitch. (In case it's helpful to know, I've got Akua Sweets and Dialog
        Director in Scripting Additions.)

        Thanks.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2006
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Alan Greene <apgreene@...>
          wrote:

          > With all the help I get using WordPerfect macros and iKey (in the
          day
          > I used One Click), I don't think I use AppleScripts with
          WordPerfect.
          > Maybe I've been missing out on something colossal all along, and
          > need to be enlightened. However, I just ran the WP Browser applet
          > without a hitch. (In case it's helpful to know, I've got Akua Sweets
          > and Dialog Director in Scripting Additions.)

          Paste this into Script Editor and click Run:

          tell application "WordPerfect"
          activate
          make window with data "the rain in Spain"
          end tell

          (You may have to replace both sets of quotes with straight
          (or dumb) quotes. I'm on a Windoze machine at the moment.)

          Does that work, or do you get a connection error?