Help another poor soul Re: Make list of iTunes selected songs in WP

  • strongrunning1
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2006
      I am having problems with John's/Doug Adams's AppleScript to make a
      list of selected songs in WP. When I run the script I get the
      following AppleScript Error: "Corel WordPerfect got an error:
      Connection is invalid."

      WordPerfect resides on a different partition from my OS X (10.3.9),
      but when I first opened the script, I was prompted to find
      WordPerfect, and I clicked on the appropriate location, so I don't
      understand what I need to do to get the script to run properly. Any ideas?

      Thanks for your advice.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "strongrunning1" <apgreene@...>
        wrote:

        > I am having problems with John's/Doug Adams's AppleScript to make a
        > list of selected songs in WP. When I run the script I get the
        > following AppleScript Error: "Corel WordPerfect got an error:
        > Connection is invalid."
        >
        > WordPerfect resides on a different partition from my OS X (10.3.9),
        > but when I first opened the script, I was prompted to find
        > WordPerfect, and I clicked on the appropriate location, so I don't
        > understand what I need to do to get the script to run properly. Any
        > ideas?

        Do you get this error when running other Applescripts that
        use WP?
      • Alan Greene
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2006
          With all the help I get using WordPerfect macros and iKey (in the day I
          used One Click), I don't think I use AppleScripts with WordPerfect.
          Maybe I've been missing out on something colossal all along, and need to
          be enlightened. However, I just ran the WP Browser applet without a
          hitch. (In case it's helpful to know, I've got Akua Sweets and Dialog
          Director in Scripting Additions.)

          Thanks.
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 13, 2006
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Alan Greene <apgreene@...>
            wrote:

            > With all the help I get using WordPerfect macros and iKey (in the
            day
            > I used One Click), I don't think I use AppleScripts with
            WordPerfect.
            > Maybe I've been missing out on something colossal all along, and
            > need to be enlightened. However, I just ran the WP Browser applet
            > without a hitch. (In case it's helpful to know, I've got Akua Sweets
            > and Dialog Director in Scripting Additions.)

            Paste this into Script Editor and click Run:

            tell application "WordPerfect"
            activate
            make window with data "the rain in Spain"
            end tell

            (You may have to replace both sets of quotes with straight
            (or dumb) quotes. I'm on a Windoze machine at the moment.)

            Does that work, or do you get a connection error?