Re: Wordperfect on Intel Macs

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2006

      > One problem that I've seen others have is getting
      > the emulator to boot off a Mac OS on a disk image. But it works for
      > everyone off an install CD. I bought an 8.5 CD on eBay and should have
      > it by the weekend. The image is the way to go, and these demonstrations
      > show that it works, but the configuration isn't obvious.

      It's actually an 8.6 CD, and SheepShaver boots from it just fine. When
      I launch WP, it displays the splash screen and then, since it's trying to
      write Library and Prefs files in the system folder, which is on the
      read-only CD, doesn't get any further.

      Comment on the ATPM article suggests everyone is getting stuck with
      SheepShaver booting from anything other than a CD. Since everyone is
      having the same problem, it should be fixed soon . . .

      Meanwhile, the Classic OS looks very nice on the Intel machine.