Re: tabs tabs tabs

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ianbooks2000" <ianbooks@...> wrote:

      > As of last week, sometimes when I press TAB to start a paragraph,
      > I get 20 or more tabs in quick succession. This is not a problem
      > with my keyboard, it has happened on my PBook too.
      > And only in WP (running under Classic w/ OS 10.4). Has anyone
      > else experienced this? And if so, did you discover a fix?

      In other Classic programs too? IAC I haven't seen it, but have you
      replaced your WP Prefs file?

      John R.
    • Douglas Bouley
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
        I've not seen that particular behavior either, but my PB just recently
        had a patch of bizarre keyboard behavior where certain keys did not work
        and others worked unpredictably. The laptop had been in sleep mode with
        an EVDO card running and was in some sort of odd state when awakened
        (needed coffee maybe?). It does not like to be confused about its
        network connections, at any rate...

        Anyway, a reboot and a permissions repair helped a lot. I notice I also
        need to do a disk repair for some "minor corruption".

        No idea if this is in any way remotely related to the tabs thing, but
        these measures are harmless enough to maybe be worth a shot?

        -doug

        John Rethorst wrote:
        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ianbooks2000" <ianbooks@...> wrote:
        >
        >> As of last week, sometimes when I press TAB to start a paragraph,
        >> I get 20 or more tabs in quick succession. This is not a problem
        >> with my keyboard, it has happened on my PBook too.
        >> And only in WP (running under Classic w/ OS 10.4). Has anyone
        >> else experienced this? And if so, did you discover a fix?
        >>

        > In other Classic programs too? IAC I haven't seen it, but have you
        > replaced your WP Prefs file?
        >
        > John R.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • ianbooks2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2006
          WP is innocent; it's something about my Classic. The same thing happens in SimpleText
          (practically the only other OS9 program I still have on my hard disk). I tried trashing the
          Keyboard prefs; nbg. Though the problem is now off-topic, since it's not WP's fault, does
          anyone have any suggestions for what I can try next (other than not indenting for new
          paragraphs)?

          Ian

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ianbooks2000" <ianbooks@...> wrote:

            > WP is innocent; it's something about my Classic. The same thing
            > happens in SimpleText (practically the only other OS9 program I
            > still have on my hard disk). I tried trashing the Keyboard prefs; nbg.
            > Though the problem is now off-topic, since it's not WP's fault,
            > does anyone have any suggestions for what I can try next (other than
            > not indenting for new paragraphs)?

            Just a guess, but try quitting Classic, deleting ~/Library/Preferences/
            com.apple.Classic.plist, and restarting your computer.