Re: WP feature: logical pages, booklet printing

  • pjandlar
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
      My HP printer (PSC1610) has booklet printing as an option under Layout in
      the Print Dialog Box. Maybe you can do it with your printer rather than in the
      word processor.
      Pam

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "cl3grover" <clgrover@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have long used WP for Windows and tried WP for Linux -
      > > still have it but it won't install on some current Linux
      > > distributions. Just recently I found this group, downloaded
      > > WP Mac and have started to use it. One of the features for
      > > which I stick with WP, but have not found in WP Mac, is the
      > > ability to fomat logical pages, that is to do booklet
      > > printing. In WP Win and Linux pages may be subdivided. It
      > > seems not to be in WP Mac - or have I missed
      > > something?
      >
      > WPMac has logical pages in that you can start page numbering
      > where you want, say for separate chapters.
      >
      > What OS are you on? OSX has a "booklet.txt" option in the PDF
      > menu in the print dialog, but I haven't used it. You may need a
      > third-party solution.
      >
      > John R.

    • Charles L Grover
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2006
        Thanks for the suggestions.

        Charles Grover
      • J Busch
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
          Mr Grover,
          Go to this link: http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#tigerpdfprint to setup MacWP to print to a .pdf in OS 10.4. Then use this program: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23215 to print the pdf file as a booklet. This isn't the most elegant solution, but it gets the job done.

          -Jonathan

          cl3grover <clgrover@...> wrote: I have long used WP for Windows and tried WP for Linux -
          still have it but it won�t install on some current Linux
          distributions. Just recently I found this group, downloaded
          WP Mac and have started to use it. One of the features for
          which I stick with WP, but have not found in WP Mac, is the
          ability to fomat logical pages, that is to do booklet
          printing. In WP Win and Linux pages may be subdivided. It
          seems not to be in WP Mac - or have I missed
          something?

          Thanks very much - and thanks for all I have been learning
          from you.

          Charles Grover

        • Randall C. Wilson
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 9, 2006
            Thanks to J Busch for pointing me to a more direct way to print to
            PDF from WP---a must for lawyers who must ultimately convert many of
            their documents to pdf for electronic filing or sharing.

            Until now I'd been using the scripts posted some time ago on this
            listserv to automatically print to a postscript file and use a folder
            action to convert them into pdf's. The process sometimes did not go
            well (no fault of the script).

            I have followed the instructions found at
            http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#tigerpdfprint and
            they work.
            --
            /S/ Randall

            mailto:rwilson@...

            Alternate: mailto:gryndal@...

          • Bob Stern
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 9, 2006
              A simpler approach is to go to the Adobe website and download the
              free AdobePS printer driver for MacOS (not OS X). When printing from
              WordPerfect in the Classic environment, it creates a PDF file on the
              OS X desktop. The files for successive print jobs are sequentially
              numbered.
              --

              Bob Stern
            • Rick Albright
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 10, 2006
                If you're working within OSX, Preview (supplied as part of OSX) can
                already read PS files and convert to PDF. No downloading required.
                --Rick Albright
                On Aug 9, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Bob Stern wrote:

                > A simpler approach is to go to the Adobe website and download the
                > free AdobePS printer driver for MacOS (not OS X). When printing from
                > WordPerfect in the Classic environment, it creates a PDF file on the
                > OS X desktop. The files for successive print jobs are sequentially
                > numbered.
                > --
                >
                > Bob Stern

                "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual
                warfare."
                --James Madison, 1793

                Rick Albright
                logres@...