Re: WP feature: logical pages, booklet printing

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "cl3grover" <clgrover@...> wrote:

      > I have long used WP for Windows and tried WP for Linux -
      > still have it but it won't install on some current Linux
      > distributions. Just recently I found this group, downloaded
      > WP Mac and have started to use it. One of the features for
      > which I stick with WP, but have not found in WP Mac, is the
      > ability to fomat logical pages, that is to do booklet
      > printing. In WP Win and Linux pages may be subdivided. It
      > seems not to be in WP Mac - or have I missed
      > something?

      WPMac has logical pages in that you can start page numbering
      where you want, say for separate chapters.

      What OS are you on? OSX has a "booklet.txt" option in the PDF
      menu in the print dialog, but I haven't used it. You may need a
      third-party solution.

      John R.
    • pjandlar
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
        My HP printer (PSC1610) has booklet printing as an option under Layout in
        the Print Dialog Box. Maybe you can do it with your printer rather than in the
        word processor.
        Pam

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "cl3grover" <clgrover@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have long used WP for Windows and tried WP for Linux -
        > > still have it but it won't install on some current Linux
        > > distributions. Just recently I found this group, downloaded
        > > WP Mac and have started to use it. One of the features for
        > > which I stick with WP, but have not found in WP Mac, is the
        > > ability to fomat logical pages, that is to do booklet
        > > printing. In WP Win and Linux pages may be subdivided. It
        > > seems not to be in WP Mac - or have I missed
        > > something?
        >
        > WPMac has logical pages in that you can start page numbering
        > where you want, say for separate chapters.
        >
        > What OS are you on? OSX has a "booklet.txt" option in the PDF
        > menu in the print dialog, but I haven't used it. You may need a
        > third-party solution.
        >
        > John R.

      • Charles L Grover
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2006
          Thanks for the suggestions.

          Charles Grover
        • J Busch
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
            Mr Grover,
            Go to this link: http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#tigerpdfprint to setup MacWP to print to a .pdf in OS 10.4. Then use this program: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23215 to print the pdf file as a booklet. This isn't the most elegant solution, but it gets the job done.

            -Jonathan

            cl3grover <clgrover@...> wrote: I have long used WP for Windows and tried WP for Linux -
            still have it but it won�t install on some current Linux
            distributions. Just recently I found this group, downloaded
            WP Mac and have started to use it. One of the features for
            which I stick with WP, but have not found in WP Mac, is the
            ability to fomat logical pages, that is to do booklet
            printing. In WP Win and Linux pages may be subdivided. It
            seems not to be in WP Mac - or have I missed
            something?

            Thanks very much - and thanks for all I have been learning
            from you.

            Charles Grover

          • Randall C. Wilson
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 9, 2006
              Thanks to J Busch for pointing me to a more direct way to print to
              PDF from WP---a must for lawyers who must ultimately convert many of
              their documents to pdf for electronic filing or sharing.

              Until now I'd been using the scripts posted some time ago on this
              listserv to automatically print to a postscript file and use a folder
              action to convert them into pdf's. The process sometimes did not go
              well (no fault of the script).

              I have followed the instructions found at
              http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#tigerpdfprint and
              they work.
              --
              /S/ Randall

              mailto:rwilson@...

              Alternate: mailto:gryndal@...

            • Bob Stern
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 9, 2006
                A simpler approach is to go to the Adobe website and download the
                free AdobePS printer driver for MacOS (not OS X). When printing from
                WordPerfect in the Classic environment, it creates a PDF file on the
                OS X desktop. The files for successive print jobs are sequentially
                numbered.
                --

                Bob Stern
              • Rick Albright
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 10, 2006
                  If you're working within OSX, Preview (supplied as part of OSX) can
                  already read PS files and convert to PDF. No downloading required.
                  --Rick Albright
                  On Aug 9, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Bob Stern wrote:

                  > A simpler approach is to go to the Adobe website and download the
                  > free AdobePS printer driver for MacOS (not OS X). When printing from
                  > WordPerfect in the Classic environment, it creates a PDF file on the
                  > OS X desktop. The files for successive print jobs are sequentially
                  > numbered.
                  > --
                  >
                  > Bob Stern

                  "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual
                  warfare."
                  --James Madison, 1793

                  Rick Albright
                  logres@...