Re: [wpmac] Re: Any update on making it OS X native?

  • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
    Message 1 of 76 , Aug 1, 2006
      On word menu what is somewhat like reveal codes for WP is click on the
      paragraph mark symbol in the menu Bar.

      You'll see Paragraph marks and what looks like little square bullet at
      the start of each paragraph marks. You'll see what looks like faint
      period between each word (space indicators).

      And if you have a corrupt document, do a Command -A to highlight
      everything and hit backspace one time. or with Paragraph mark on
      highlight everything then hold down command key and click on very last
      paragraph Mark at very bottom of page so it is no longer highlighted.

      Then immediately do a command - C. Next open new document ands save with
      new name. You've just uncorrupted the document.

      Its seems that "very, very" last Paragraph mark contains every font,
      style, Tab, indentation, header/footer information for the entire document.

      Randy B.Singer wrote:

      > Rick Albright said:
      >
      > >I don't know how to avoid this,
      > >but I haven't been able to find this information in any of the on-
      > >line Word documentation, either.)
      >
      > Try turning on Word's invisible formatting codes.
      >
      > Preferences: View tab: Non-Printing Characters: All
      >
      > Working with documents for a while and being able to see where the
      > paragraph section breaks are should give you a feel for them, so that you
      > can then turn this feature off and know where they are intuitively. That
      > way you won't accidentally delete them.
      >
      > Of course, if you accidentially delete a paragraph section break and the
      > formatting of a paragraph changes, you can easily either just hit
      > command-Z to undo your last action, or you can quickly apply the style
      > that you prefer to the section that has just been changed from the
      > formatting menu.
      >
      > I'm sorry folks, I know that many of the people here don't want to have
      > this discussion list turn into a discussion list for Word. If you want
      > to discuss Word (bitch about it, get advice, etc.), or any other Mac word
      > processor, you may want to join this list:
      >
      > MacWordProc
      > http://1url.org/go/1MacWPros <http://1url.org/go/1MacWPros>
      >
      > Randy B. Singer
      > Co-Author of: The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)
      >
      > MACINTOSH OS X ROUTINE MAINTENANCE
      > http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html <http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html>

      If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

      mailto:pjones@...

      <http://www.vpea.org>
    • iherp
      Message 76 of 76 , Aug 2, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, kevin <ksaunders242@...> wrote:
        > MacOS ROM 1.6 from "MacOS ROM Update 1.0"
        > Where do I get a ROM?

        Here's a page that should help with the links that you need:
        http://theappleblog.com/2006/07/01/classic-on-intel-macs-courtesy-of-sheepshaver/

        However, the link for TomeViewer is dead - but here is one that is active:
        http://www.tucows.com/get/207002_84902