blank envelope

  • triplecrazydave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2006
      I downloaded WP 3.5e (thanx for the link, folks) and installed it,
      with the updates.
      Tonight I was printing an envelope. The new version has all the
      addresses stored in the preferences of 3.5. However, when I print, a
      blank envelope emerges from the printer. I tried twice then opened
      3.5. The old version printed my envelope.
      Do I need to import these addresses from the old version? Why would
      they show up in the print envelope window but not print?
      I'm still running OS 9.2.2
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "triplecrazydave" <cptanalog@...> wrote:

        > Tonight I was printing an envelope. The new version has all the
        > addresses stored in the preferences of 3.5. However, when I print, a
        > blank envelope emerges from the printer. I tried twice then opened
        > 3.5. The old version printed my envelope.
        > Do I need to import these addresses from the old version? Why would
        > they show up in the print envelope window but not print?
        > I'm still running OS 9.2.2

        Your Prefs file may have become corrupted with the transition from
        3.5 to 3.5e. Try quitting WP, tossing the Prefs file and reloading WP.
        You have to reset prefs, e.g. which toolbars show on open, but that's
        trivial. Re-entering addresses would not be . . . I've never used the
        envelope feature, but my System Folder > Preferences > WordPerfect
        folder has a file named Envelope Settings. I wonder if addresses as
        well as settings aren't stored there, or whether that was changed
        going from 3.5 to 3.5e (which was a much larger update than the
        numbers suggest).