WP feature: logical pages, booklet printing

  • cl3grover
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30, 2006
      I have long used WP for Windows and tried WP for Linux -
      still have it but it won’t install on some current Linux
      distributions. Just recently I found this group, downloaded
      WP Mac and have started to use it. One of the features for
      which I stick with WP, but have not found in WP Mac, is the
      ability to fomat logical pages, that is to do booklet
      printing. In WP Win and Linux pages may be subdivided. It
      seems not to be in WP Mac - or have I missed
      something?

      Thanks very much - and thanks for all I have been learning
      from you.

      Charles Grover
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "cl3grover" <clgrover@...> wrote:

        > I have long used WP for Windows and tried WP for Linux -
        > still have it but it won't install on some current Linux
        > distributions. Just recently I found this group, downloaded
        > WP Mac and have started to use it. One of the features for
        > which I stick with WP, but have not found in WP Mac, is the
        > ability to fomat logical pages, that is to do booklet
        > printing. In WP Win and Linux pages may be subdivided. It
        > seems not to be in WP Mac - or have I missed
        > something?

        WPMac has logical pages in that you can start page numbering
        where you want, say for separate chapters.

        What OS are you on? OSX has a "booklet.txt" option in the PDF
        menu in the print dialog, but I haven't used it. You may need a
        third-party solution.

        John R.
      • pjandlar
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
          My HP printer (PSC1610) has booklet printing as an option under Layout in
          the Print Dialog Box. Maybe you can do it with your printer rather than in the
          word processor.
          Pam

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "cl3grover" <clgrover@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have long used WP for Windows and tried WP for Linux -
          > > still have it but it won't install on some current Linux
          > > distributions. Just recently I found this group, downloaded
          > > WP Mac and have started to use it. One of the features for
          > > which I stick with WP, but have not found in WP Mac, is the
          > > ability to fomat logical pages, that is to do booklet
          > > printing. In WP Win and Linux pages may be subdivided. It
          > > seems not to be in WP Mac - or have I missed
          > > something?
          >
          > WPMac has logical pages in that you can start page numbering
          > where you want, say for separate chapters.
          >
          > What OS are you on? OSX has a "booklet.txt" option in the PDF
          > menu in the print dialog, but I haven't used it. You may need a
          > third-party solution.
          >
          > John R.

        • Charles L Grover
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2006
            Thanks for the suggestions.

            Charles Grover
          • J Busch
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
              Mr Grover,
              Go to this link: http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#tigerpdfprint to setup MacWP to print to a .pdf in OS 10.4. Then use this program: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23215 to print the pdf file as a booklet. This isn't the most elegant solution, but it gets the job done.

              -Jonathan

              cl3grover <clgrover@...> wrote: I have long used WP for Windows and tried WP for Linux -
              still have it but it won�t install on some current Linux
              distributions. Just recently I found this group, downloaded
              WP Mac and have started to use it. One of the features for
              which I stick with WP, but have not found in WP Mac, is the
              ability to fomat logical pages, that is to do booklet
              printing. In WP Win and Linux pages may be subdivided. It
              seems not to be in WP Mac - or have I missed
              something?

              Thanks very much - and thanks for all I have been learning
              from you.

              Charles Grover

            • Randall C. Wilson
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 9, 2006
                Thanks to J Busch for pointing me to a more direct way to print to
                PDF from WP---a must for lawyers who must ultimately convert many of
                their documents to pdf for electronic filing or sharing.

                Until now I'd been using the scripts posted some time ago on this
                listserv to automatically print to a postscript file and use a folder
                action to convert them into pdf's. The process sometimes did not go
                well (no fault of the script).

                I have followed the instructions found at
                http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#tigerpdfprint and
                they work.
                --
                /S/ Randall

                mailto:rwilson@...

                Alternate: mailto:gryndal@...

              • Bob Stern
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 9, 2006
                  A simpler approach is to go to the Adobe website and download the
                  free AdobePS printer driver for MacOS (not OS X). When printing from
                  WordPerfect in the Classic environment, it creates a PDF file on the
                  OS X desktop. The files for successive print jobs are sequentially
                  numbered.
                  --

                  Bob Stern
                • Rick Albright
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 10, 2006
                    If you're working within OSX, Preview (supplied as part of OSX) can
                    already read PS files and convert to PDF. No downloading required.
                    --Rick Albright
                    On Aug 9, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Bob Stern wrote:

                    > A simpler approach is to go to the Adobe website and download the
                    > free AdobePS printer driver for MacOS (not OS X). When printing from
                    > WordPerfect in the Classic environment, it creates a PDF file on the
                    > OS X desktop. The files for successive print jobs are sequentially
                    > numbered.
                    > --
                    >
                    > Bob Stern

                    "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual
                    warfare."
                    --James Madison, 1793

                    Rick Albright
                    logres@...