Re: [wpmac] Any update on making it OS X native?

  • Doug Auwarter
    Message 1 of 76 , Jul 30, 2006
      On Jul 30, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Phillip Jones, CET wrote:

      > If that is so, why are so many people still trying so hard to continue
      > > using it?

      > Because it does a lot of things better than Word.

      Exactly. Because I benefitted from special "teacher" pricing, I
      purchased the latest version of MS Office. Like most of us, I wanted
      to use an OS X native word processor, but was very disappointed with
      what I got. Even on my brand new Mac Mini (power PC) version, it's
      very sluggish and there is substantial lag time when typing. Perhaps
      the GUI of WP/Mac is a bit dated and some of the graphics importers
      are not as reliable as they should be, but it outperforms Word in
      every other way. The idea that it's ten years out of date just
      doesn't stand up to reason. I'm back to using it just about full-time
      and will stay with it until something comes along that's a noticeable
      improvement, or until Corel comes to its senses.
      Best,
      Doug

    • iherp
      Message 76 of 76 , Aug 2, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, kevin <ksaunders242@...> wrote:
        > MacOS ROM 1.6 from "MacOS ROM Update 1.0"
        > Where do I get a ROM?

        Here's a page that should help with the links that you need:
        http://theappleblog.com/2006/07/01/classic-on-intel-macs-courtesy-of-sheepshaver/

        However, the link for TomeViewer is dead - but here is one that is active:
        http://www.tucows.com/get/207002_84902