Re: [wpmac] Any update on making it OS X native?

  • Phillip Jones, CET
    Message 1 of 76 , Jul 30, 2006
      Because it does a lot of thing better than Word.

      They have a new issue with word on Intel Mac's.

      Previously, if you had section Breaks, or Page Breaks on a Mac Document
      and made a PDF, everywhere you had a section or Page break would start a
      new document (PDF) from scratch and you would have to stitch together
      using Acrobat 7 Merge feature.

      Now on Intel Mac's This has migrated to printing actual document's. It
      creates Multiple documents that are place in a Print Que. But thing is
      if you have page numbering its starts back at one or zero.

      I've never used WP PC but I don't suppose that happens, on the PC.

      Frank Mitchell wrote:

      > Hello Ed
      >
      > >Right now WP/MAC is at least 10 years (maybe more) out of date.
      >
      > If that is so, why are so many people still trying so hard to continue
      > using it?
      >
      > -- Frank Mitchell, Scottsdale, Arizona

      Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling

      If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

      mailto:pjones@...

      <http://www.vpea.org>
    • iherp
      Message 76 of 76 , Aug 2, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, kevin <ksaunders242@...> wrote:
        > MacOS ROM 1.6 from "MacOS ROM Update 1.0"
        > Where do I get a ROM?

        Here's a page that should help with the links that you need:
        http://theappleblog.com/2006/07/01/classic-on-intel-macs-courtesy-of-sheepshaver/

        However, the link for TomeViewer is dead - but here is one that is active:
        http://www.tucows.com/get/207002_84902