Re: [wpmac] just picked up a brand spanking new IMAC 20"!!! HELP!!!

  • Douglas Bouley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
      Bad news, Kevin: Classic does not run at all on the Intel Macs. There
      are Classic emulators that might do the job for you, though. Basilisk is
      one. Haven't tried it yet myself. I think there are links in the link
      section here.

      Re Bootcamp: there is a version of Codeweavers CrossOver Office about to
      be released for the Mac. It allows you to run some Windows apps inside
      OS-X without a copy of Windows. The list of supported apps is not long.

      There are a couple of Virtual PC-like products that allow you to run
      "real" Windows without rebooting, but they will also require a legal
      copy of Windows, just like Bootcamp.

      Doug (I like my new iMac, too, but also bought a G4 PB 17 for my work
      machine, for this very reason)

      Doug