Weird happenings with WP

  • RBRoufberg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2006
      My documents written in WordPerfect and filed with WP icons suddenly opened
      with garbage symbols at beginning and end, and actual text all run together
      with formatting lost. I'm using an iMac G5 with OSX 10.4.7.

      When I did a single click on the icon, and clicked on Get Info in the Finder
      menu, I discovered that for all these documents, the "open with" box had
      selected TextEdit. I changed them all to Word Perfect, and the "Preview image"
      suddenly changed from the WordPerfect icon to a green, blue, red, and purple
      plaid! The plaid design is slightly different on each of the documents; one
      even had the Appleworks logo superimposed at the bottom. However, they all did
      open properly formatted.

      Can anyone explain to me what is going on, and how I can get everying back to
      looking normal again?

      Thanks,
      Ruth R.