Re: Any Attorneys Out There?

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 22, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Barney Christianson <bchristianson@...>
      wrote:

      > We set up a library of boiler-plate paragraphs that are
      > common in leases, domestic agreements, etc. We have
      > template precedents in the server, with an * in the
      > template anywhere we might want to add either some
      > boiler-plate or new text. We can bounce through the
      > template with Find * and Find Again, replacing as we go.
      > If its boiler-plate to be inserted, it is simply a matter
      > of selecting the right macro and letting go.

      > It also makes the author look at all the usual paragraphs,
      > as a "check list" type of review. Some of the *s are used
      > to trigger a stop at a paragraph that might be deleted,
      > rather than included, in a specific matter.

      This is good advanced use of the program. Barney, if you
      have templates and macros generic enough to share,
      please send them and I'll post them.

      > BTW we have 5 support staff who will do serious harm to
      > the person who attempts to make them use a word processor
      > that does not provide macros. They share libraries for
      > addresses, form letters, salutations, jurats - just about
      > anything they have to type more frequently than once a
      > month or so.

      That's the spirit! Anyone's welcome to post any tips, tricks
      and special uses that make WP even more valuable. In fact,
      I'll bet that every reader of this group has at least one trick
      that others may not know about.