Re: Where to put WP 2-3 > Word converter?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 16, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <em36@...> wrote:

      > It turns out the instructions are accurate for Word 2001; but a
      > new converter would seem to be needed for Word 2004.

      I don't think one exists, but if you save a WP doc in Word 6 format,
      Word 2004 will open it.

      John R.
    • Dan Gilbert
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18, 2006
        I've reluctantly given up on WordPerfect and have been converting all
        my WP files into Word 2004 so I may be of some help here.
        Long ago WP gave up on translators and started distributing
        DATAVIZ MacLinkPlus with WP. MacLinkPlus Deluxe 15.0 is still alive
        and well, cost $40, and can be bought online at
        http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/index.html.
        Note that, according to Word 2004, "The default format for MS
        Word 2004 documents is shared by Word 98 through Word 2004 for Mac."
        I tried saving my WP files as "Microsoft Word 6.0" and they opened
        fine in Word 2004 My major problems with the conversion is that Word
        just does not read "center" or "flush right" and doesn't translate
        your Table of Contents.
        I also found a DATAVIZ translator (DataViz WP Translations,
        version DataViz API - 1.3 (c) 1995) filed in my Applications (Mac OS9)
        / WordPerfect 3.5e / Conversions.wpmac folder
        Hope this helps, Dan.
      • Doug Auwarter
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 18, 2006
          On Jul 18, 2006, at 6:06 PM, Dan Gilbert wrote:

          My major problems with the conversion is that Word
          just does not read "center" or "flush right" and doesn't translate
          your Table of Contents.

          It's not a problem with the conversion. Word doesn't do "flush right"
          and its ability to generate a decently formatted table of contents is
          pathetic. This type of thing is why there are still so many people
          who still use and swear by WP/mac.
          Sorry,
          Doug