Re: [wpmac] WP/Win Native On Macintosh

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
      Douglas Bouley said:

      >Have you had a chance to actually use the Mac version? I have been
      >waiting for the release to give it a shot. Didn't see anything on their
      >website when I looked last week. I used older Linux versions and found
      >it to be so-so. I'm hoping the more recent version might be a little better.

      No, I haven't. Actually I was passing the information on from an
      attorney who brought it to my attention. He really wants CrossOver
      Office to run WP/Win because he found that he can't use Parallels and
      Dave together on his Mac.

      Randy B. Singer

      ROUTINE OS X MAINTENANCE
      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
    • Douglas Bouley
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
        Oh, I was hoping you might have gotten an advanced copy or preview,
        given your prominence in the Mac world.

        I hope it works well, but in my somewhat limited experience, the WINE
        stuff has not been ready for prime time. I'll be tickled to be proved
        wrong, but I'd wait and see how well it actually works.

        Best,
        Doug

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Randy B. Singer <randy@...> wrote:

          > ROUTINE OS X MAINTENANCE
          > http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

          This is a good resource. I just added the link to the Links section here.

          Randy, do you have a page like it for OS 7-9? I can't find one on your
          site's main page.

          John R.
        • Randy B. Singer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
            John Rethorst said:

            >> ROUTINE OS X MAINTENANCE
            >> http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
            >
            >This is a good resource. I just added the link to the Links section here.

            Thanks! I've spent the last few weeks drastically updating that site,
            and I just put it online yesterday. I still intend to update it more
            this weekend.

            >Randy, do you have a page like it for OS 7-9? I can't find one on your
            >site's main page.

            I don't, but others do:

            http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/MacTroubleshoot.html