Re: [wpmac] Classic Desktop in OSX

  • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 3, 2006
      Is there a Benign equivelent for OSX.

      OSX on my G4-500 act like OS9 did when desktop ws in need of rebuilding
      desktop.

      I do The cron activities and Run Disk Utility. every week.
      But acrobat Pro takes up to two minutes to open. Not a whole lot beeter
      on my G4-1.67Gb 17" PB either.

      John Rethorst wrote:

      > > The paragraph next to "Rebuild Desktop" says (in part): "You may
      > > need to do this [i.e. rebuild] if icons do not appear correctly or
      > > documents are not opening in the application you used to create
      > > them."
      > >
      > > I have never had either of these problems. Do I still have to
      > > rebuild? I did that once on my old 8500 and the whole desktop
      > > got so jumbled that I couldn't get it reorganized for a long time.
      >
      > In OS 9, received wisdom recommended rebuilding the desktop once
      > a month. OSX still has the OS 9 desktop, but its functions are reduced,
      > and I don't know how necessary it is to rebuild it as part of a
      > maintenance schedule (although I still rebuild mine every month).
      >
      > Does an OSX guru here have any enlightenment?

      If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

      mailto:pjones@...

      <http://www.vpea.org>
      Message 37 of 37 , Oct 11, 2013
        What version of WP does your client use?

        What software do you mean, that requires OS 10.6?