Re: [wpmac] Classic Desktop in OSX (was: Conversions)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Randy B. Singer <randy@...> wrote:

      > Randy B. Singer said:
      >
      > >The need to rebuild the desktop routinely under OS 7/8/9 was always
      > >controversial. Assuming that one wasn't experiencing a very limited
      > >specific set of problems, there were many "experts" who believed that you
      > >never needed to rebuild your desktop.
      >
      > I think that I just found a big benefit of rebuilding one's Desktop. I
      > just did it, because we were talking about it and I haven't done it in
      > ages. I still usually use Claris Emailer, a classic e-mail program.
      > Before rebuilding the Desktop it was running really slowly for several
      > functions. Now it runs like new!

      I think there are a lot of people who have a new machine and know their
      way around OSX, but who still use, and want to continue to use, a classic
      program or two. For many of them it's Framemaker, which apparently
      has never been equalled in page layout for long and/or technical
      documents. These experienced users may give Apple a reason to
      reconsider classic support in Intel, or at least provide an interesting
      market for a third-party developer.