Re: [wpmac] Conversions

  • RBRoufberg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 27, 2006
      In a message dated 6/26/06 9:13:41 PM, jrethorst@... writes:

      > > Where is the MacLink extension? "Finder" doesn't find it.
      >
      > It's part of the Conversions 2.1.1 download.
      >
      > What I have in the Conversions 2.1.1 folder is "MacLink Plus
      WordPerfect 3." I asssume
      that is the "MacLink Extension" because I put it there, and it
      stayed. But I haven't yet had
      the occasion to use it.

      >> Also, it's a good idea to rebuild your Classic desktop every
      >> month or so. This is also done from the Classic prefpane.

      >Go to the Classic prefpane and click Advanced. The bottom button
      >in this pane rebuilds the Classic desktop. This is not related to
      >the desktop folder.

      The paragraph next to "Rebuild Desktop" says (in part): "You may
      need to do this
      [i.e. rebuild] if icons do not appear correctly or documents are
      not opening in the
      application you used to create them."

      I have never had either of these problems. Do I still have to
      rebuild? I did that
      once on my old 8500 and the whole desktop got so jumbled that I
      couldn't get
      it reorganized for a long time. Exactly where is the Classic
      Desktop located?
      What will happen now if I rebuild? Will it affect what is on my
      OSX desktop?

      As you can tell, I'm still intimidated by this computer!

      Thanks for your patience and continued help, John.

      Ruth R.

      Message 37 of 37 , Oct 11, 2013
        What version of WP does your client use?

        What software do you mean, that requires OS 10.6?