More on Sort

  • pjandlar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2006
      Michael,
      I'm glad using Table to move the columns around worked. I use that strategy
      all the time to change lists of names from last-name-first to first-name-first.

      In my original response I forgot to tell you how to "untable" - just select the
      whole table, go to the Table menu, and choose Table to Text.

      Then you can check to see if the text is tab-delimited format suggested by
      John by going to Reveal codes and seeing if it looks like this:

      b<tab>a<hrt>
      b<tab>a<hrt>

      If you don't want b and a lined up, you can find/change all <tabs> to be
      spaces - (to find tabs, use the insert menu in the find/change box).

      Pam