Re: Converting WP Mac Equations & Graphics to Other Word Processor Formats

  • Smokey Ardisson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2006
      On Tue Jun 6, 2006 11:28 am (PDT), "J Busch" job4031@... wrote

      >A PDF file would allow for correct formating to view the files in
      >Linux. If you need to edit them, then you could use OpenOffice or
      >Abiword to convert the wpd files.

      Unfortunately, the libwpd library used by OOo, AbiWord, and KOffice
      doesn't support equations or embedded graphics in any WP-Win file
      format, let alone in WP-Mac formats (there's some work being done
      this summer as part of Google's Summer of Code to get WPG graphics
      conversion working).

      Although WP-Mac's Word 6 and RTF filters are both old and cranky,
      they seemed to produce workable results on a simple sample document
      when I imported the respective Word/RTF output into NeoOffice (based
      on OOo 2). It's unfortunate that doing a two-step conversion through
      Microsoft formats seems to be required, but that's probably the best
      option today to capture all of the elements in an editable format.

      Smokey