INSERT key

  • krcstudio
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
      I have a MAC laptop with no INSERT key. Is there a key-combo to take
      the place of this function?
      Thanks.
    • John Kaufmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
        At 060605 14:51 +0000, krcstudio wrote:

        >I have a MAC laptop with no INSERT key. Is there a key-combo to
        >take the place of this function?

        Does your keyboard have a HELP key? - that seems to be hte
        alternative name for the INSERT key on most Mac keyboards.

        Are you trying to toggle between WP's INSERT and TYPEOVER modes? If
        so, try Cmd(Apple)-HELP(insert). If that does not work, you can
        specify any key or key combo: Edit -> Preferences -> Keyboard, then
        search for the TYPEOVER command and define whatever key combo you
        like.
        --
        John K