Converting WP Mac Equations & Graphics to Other Word Processor Formats....

  • Rob Frohne
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2006
      Hi Everyone,

      I need to switch to Linux (Intel) and I have a very large number of WP
      Mac files that are restraining me from it. They contain equations, text
      and graphics which are PIC format. What options do I have for
      converting these files? I would prefer to have them in KOffice or
      OpenOffice format at the end of the process. Any advice is welcome!

      Thanks,

      Rob

      --
      Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.
      E. F. Cross School of Engineering

      (509) 527-2075
      http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro
    • J Busch
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2006
        A PDF file would allow for correct formating to view the files in Linux. If you need to edit them, then you could use OpenOffice or Abiword to convert the wpd files.

        -J

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, J Busch <job4031@...> wrote:

          > A PDF file would allow for correct formating to view the files in Linux.
          > If you need to edit them, then you could use OpenOffice or Abiword
          > to convert the wpd files.

          PDF is how I would do the equations. I'd select one, copy and paste it into a
          new WP doc and save that as PDF. If the OP is on Tiger, the Laserwriter 8
          driver can do that (maybe for earlier versions of OSX as well; otherwise, the
          free print driver setup described in the "WP and OSX" link in the Links
          section here would do it. These could then be added to a new file. What
          word processor or other application is the OP using?

          I don't know anything about PIC graphics (do you mean PICT?).