Re: Word Services/Excalibur (was; Spellcheck dictionaries)

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, S Zaveloff <zaveloff@...> wrote:

      > I can't get it to work. I had already downloaded Excalibur 4.0.2,
      > which says it is Word Services aware. When I click on Word Services
      > in the WP Preferences, I can navigate to the Excalibur folder. When
      > I click on it, Excalibur-manual and Excalibur.app show. I highlight
      > the app and click on Select and Contents comes up. I cancel and
      > nothing has changed.

      4.0.2 is an application of the OSX package type, a type developed
      after WP. WP can't connect to a package word service app for the
      same reason it can't connect to an OSX browser for URL links.

      Excalibur 3.0.2 works fine (and, for a browser, so do iCab and
      Netscape 7.0).

      John R.
    • S Zaveloff
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2006
        John Rethorst wrote:

        > 4.0.2 is an application of the OSX package type, a type developed
        > after WP. WP can't connect to a package word service app for the
        > same reason it can't connect to an OSX browser for URL links.
        >
        > Excalibur 3.0.2 works fine (and, for a browser, so do iCab and
        > Netscape 7.0).

        Thanks. That did it.
        Steven H. Zaveloff zaveloff@...
        P.O. Box 200203 Tel: (512)219-7142
        Austin, Texas 78720-0203 Fax: (512)233-2770
        http://home.earthlink.net/~zaveloff/

        "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
        judged by the way its animals are treated." -Gandhi